Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the good info in these threads. LOTS of goodness.

I wanted to get the factory lights installed on my new truck since it was so new, it did not have them when I bought it. (Former 95 hardbody owner!) I got the factory lights, new steering column indicator switch, and got it all installed. It had all the wiring in place, so I was hopeful it was change the switch, add the lights and presto.

No dice.

Am I missing a relay switch somewhere? The wiring is in place, and install instructions were plug and play.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
1 - you prob knew this... headlight needs to be ON before fogs will light up

2 - toss DVM probes into the fog light harness to determine if any power is flowing to the connectors

3 - test continuity of the bulbs (prob good. unlikely both bulbs are out)

4 - remove new stalk/switch and clean contacts and verify tight connectors

?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
all fuses are in place. I will check to make sure they are not burnt.

I bought a ready to go kit, stalk and lights. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nissan-Accessories-999F1-KV000-Plastic/dp/B00B9ZJVXC Others did not seem to have to purchase fuses or other items. (literally plug it all in).

I will do some more probing and see. It would be right on for me to have gotten a defective stalk/switch. hurray.
I did the same thing as you on my 2014. Aside from you perhaps missing a fuse in the fuseblock (check both) I have no guess why it isn't working for you. All you have to do is swap the stalk and plug in the light.
Do you have a digital copy of the FSM?

I'd check for good connection for the stalk, fuse, lightplug... otherwise you did it right.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts