Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do '09 foglamps fit '10? If not does anyone know of a quality replacements? My dealer added foglamps as part of my deal and said that there were no Nissan foglamps available and the ones they installed do not fit properly and are junk. Appreceate any help on this.

·
Super Moderator
11,078 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
The link Clint posted is correct. I used that exact kit on my Frontier and they look and work fantastic.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I will also endorse this link.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to my dealer they do not make fog lamps fro the SE with or without chrome bumper, only for LE and PROX

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would ask the Nismo shop, and see what they say. If you do a search on this forum on fog lights you will find all kinds of good info. Thats how I got started on here. I plan to do the mod on mine at some point.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info and advice. I just find it hard to believe that the fog lights made for only the LE.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks for the info and advice. I just find it hard to believe that the fog lights made for only the LE.
I agree. I think the SE value pack should have that included, but what do I know.:thatswck:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. I think the SE value pack should have that included, but what do I know.:thatswck:
The dealership had aftermarket lights installed after telling me that there are not lights made for the SE which I have already had problems with. Wondering if I can install the factory lights. Sure looks like the same bumper and setup on the trucks that have the lights.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealership had aftermarket lights installed after telling me that there are not lights made for the SE which I have already had problems with. Wondering if I can install the factory lights. Sure looks like the same bumper and setup on the trucks that have the lights.
You should be able to use what you can order from the link Clint posted with no probs from what posts I've seen. A search should turn up a thread with install pics & good instructions.

·
Super Moderator
11,078 Posts
The only thing that needs to be verified is an SE doesn't have auto headlights like the LE does. The blinker stalk shouldn't have that lighting position on it for an SE.

Clint

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It worked on Cletus's truck, so it will work on yours. You can install the factory lights that are linked up by Clint in this thread. I tell you what, it really makes a great cosmetic difference with the front of the truck not having those plastic inserts. Again, its like $200 ordered and you can install them. Drive to Denver and I'll do it for free or find a member near you, super easy. Here is the link again, and it says they are for 05 - 2010's. They rock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
PIAA now has a kit for the newer trucks. It just came out at the beginning of the year. It uses the 510 series light. Its pretty nice kit. My shop has installed the same light without there mounting kit before not too bad, just a little bit of modding. I am kind of interested to see what the mount is that comes with it.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It sounds as if your dealer is not too sharp when it comes to vehicle mods. I don't know if you were just talking to the wrong person or what but adding fog lights is a very common thing. Its not like you wanted to add a moonroof or something along those lines.

The links posted should give you some pretty good insight to what the job includes.

There are some non-oem options that can be purchased on Ebay made by DEPO. They have been reported to be good quality but I do not know first hand.

The PIAA option is a good one but they do have some issues. One being that you need to make sure you don't just use a single tab to mount them since the one built into the Frontier's bumper is kinda thin and has been reported to break due to flexing. Then there is another issue with the switches. They work find but if you want to swap it out for another kind of switch, it isn't as simple as you would think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nissan does carry the kit and I've found it online and the parts guy @ the dealership where I bought mine confirmed it, they come with the switch stalk an everything all u have to do is specify the type of bumper u have. My SE is already factory wired for them. hope this helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is a link to the fog light install thread with detailed pictures.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/nissan-fog-light-install-pictures-38608/

I just want to know if the PIAA 510's can be spliced in to the factory switch and wiring, in place of stock fog lights. And if it has the proper voltage etc to accomodate the PIAA 510 lights.

Seems like the stock fog light connector ends could just be cut off, and spliced onto the PIAA 510 lights, and work with the factory stalk switch.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
although your two posts are helpful, the problem with the factory fogs had already been resolved...nine months ago! Sorry, I just get amused with old threads.

Frontier, as for your question, I cannot confirm or deny. Sorry.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1 day...9 months, no need to split hairs.:laugh:

Noticed the date after I posted, oh well.

Guess I will just start a new thread about the PIAA 510 and stock wiring.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered a set of "Bling lights" and used wiring relay and switch that came with set,$80.00.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts