Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I installed the Nissan OEM kit on my 2013 Frontier S I4 back in 2019. Very pleased with it.

Reactions: butterman2473

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Here's some pics I did that might help you mount the fog light to your (plastic) bumper and light switch. First pic is looking in on the passenger side wheel well. I went in from the lower wheel well area on each side.

Your OEM fog light kit should include the screw (housing bolt), screw clip (housing clip), and spring clip. If the kit is missing any parts, look at the second pic for part numbers. My kit was missing the hardware (it's supposed to be included).

Slide the spring clip into the fog light housing as shown in pic. Slide the screw clip over the bumper mounting tab that is on the upper far side of the fog light (can't see it in this pic). Push the fog light onto the bumper so that the spring clip engages onto the bumper tab. Install the screw into the screw clip. Make sure the fog light is mounted with the connector facing down. Grab the plug for the fog lights and plug it into the fog light.

To install the fog light switch, remove the 3 Phillips screws in the bottom of the steering wheel cover. Pry the cover apart: it helps to push in at the seam of the cover or squeeze with thumb and finger at the seam of the cover where the light switch is enough to slip a pry tool in (maybe a thin plastic spatula?).

Once the cover is removed, the light switch can be removed by pressing on the upper and lower tabs at the connector end of the switch while pulling it outward towards the driver side window. The new switch will snap in place.

·
Registered
2015 2.5 SV 2WD Auto Trans
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Socal, at lunch today went out removed the switch to verify fit, 3 screws very easy, located harness as well. Should have kit within a week, don't anticipate any problems, will post when done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
SoCal - excellent photos and instructions! (y):)

Reactions: SoCal

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shipped 2-23 still not received,
tracking says 3-1 delivery now tracking says pending. Whats up with FedEx?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Shipped 2-23 still not received,
tracking says 3-1 delivery now tracking says pending. Whats up with FedEx?
I'd call them and ask what's up. Could be it's lost - or a delivery truck broke down somewhere and that slowed it down.

·
Registered
317 Posts
All the carriers are acting suboptimal these days and blaming the virus, which could have a kernal of truth in some spots.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
All the carriers are acting suboptimal these days and blaming the virus, which could have a kernal of truth in some spots.
Yeah, its pretty insane, our February rent check took 9 days via USPS to go from Maryland to Washington DC, which from where we are in MD, is only about 45 minutes away. I could have driven it there faster, so if you're crossing the country on a delivery, don't expect anything quick.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of this morning it is out for delivery. AFT

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
USPS doesn't have a very reliable tracking potential at all. But, I see yours is coming FedEx?? I can't say I've ever had anything more than a day or two late w/ them. WTH

Reactions: Gdubz

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shipped from GA 2/23 will finally get them today, I know the Memphis hub was hit hard by recent weather, not sure if my package went through Memphis.
Will try and get it done this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I've had some recent FedEx deliveries show up late due to weather issues around the country.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts