Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a foam cannon to attach to my pressure washer, anybody here have any thoughts on using one of these for a quick wash? Or do I have to resort to the "elbow grease" method to keep my ride clean and shiny?

I've searched the forum and no one is really talking about using one. I have read some pretty good methods for hand washing, I was just wondering if a foam cannon is just for "slackers" :nana:

·
Registered
306 Posts
A foam cannon will not replace an actual wash. Most folks use then as an initial step to loosen up the dirt but I kind of feel like they are a waste of money unless you are using it on a garage queen to get rid of dust. I actually bought a cheap home depot foamer attachment and its okay. think out is called a 'g foamer' or something.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I bought one of the foam guns sold buy Autogeek and the like that attaches to a regular hose. I'm going to see if I can exchange for other stuff. I'm going to just stick to the two bucket method.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Super Moderator
19,618 Posts
I bought one of the foam guns sold buy Autogeek and the like that attaches to a regular hose. I'm going to see if I can exchange for other stuff. I'm going to just stick to the two bucket method.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
I use a foam gun as a pre soak before laying a wash mitt on my paint. It helps to loosen and lift contamination and also allows the wash media to glide over the foam to avoid marring your paint. I also use the 2 bucket with 2 grit guards for washing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was thinking of getting a foam cannon to attach to my pressure washer, anybody here have any thoughts on using one of these for a quick wash? Or do I have to resort to the "elbow grease" method to keep my ride clean and shiny?

I've searched the forum and no one is really talking about using one. I have read some pretty good methods for hand washing, I was just wondering if a foam cannon is just for "slackers" :nana:
I have this setup and it works a charm. Allows you to have a very good layer of foam to help lift the dirt off the paint before you clean the vehicle. Like others have said, you still have to wash the car, but I have found the foam cannon and pressure washer to really make car washing quick, even though its a hassle to setup and break down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts