Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for some insight.

2006 Frontier SE Crew Cab 4.0 Engine.

I took my car to the body shop, So I turn in truck to make sure it's running good and all hell breaks loose. Seems they forgot to put a clip on the tranny cooler which I added bypass was made to, leaks out about 2 quarts.

Owner of shop tells son to go get two quarts and #1 mistake is they put in tranny, which isn't J magic, then he adds a quart to the tranny, and he says it's in full now. Ok, I drive off and steering wheel was stiff and Jumpy at same time, I get out and check power steering fluid and it was empty, So he added more of that crappy transmission fluid to the power steering to get it up to level.

The problem was the tranny didn't loose oil, it was the Power steering and rack and pinion that lost the oil, if power steering fluid was low and steering was tight as hell. Tranny maybe over filled? 🤦🏼‍♂️

My question is, should I drain that crappy Transmission fluid out of the transmission and Power Steering? I swear to felt the tranny jump once at take off on a light and also felt slippage on a turn and it was only a 7 mile drive to my house.

I'm so pissed now. I take vehicle for body work and don't want to end up with tranny or power steering/Rack and pinion problems 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sorry if I out this post in wrong place. But feel a bit desperate and upset, especially when my truck only ahs 38k miles on it and it was running like a dream.

I'll post some pics of the Transmission Fluid.

Thanks for your replies.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not moving truck today, tomorrow will be buying Nissan J matic from Stealers hip, 11 quarts to be exact. So I can flush out that Garbage the body shop put in it 🤨

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just a heads up, Castrol transmax or Valvoline maxlife meet and exceed all the criteria and are way way way cheaper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up, Castrol transmax or Valvoline maxlife meet and exceed all the criteria and are way way way cheaper.
So Castrol Transmax is J matic also? As well as Valvoline Max life? I think Castrol is about 10bucks a quart. While Nissan Jmatic is $11-12 bucks a quart. Not really that much of a difference in price. I think 🤔

·
Registered
490 Posts
Walmart sells Castrol transmax gallons for 19 bucks. Is J Matic compatible. A ton of people on here run Valvoline maxlife trans.
Font Material property Terrestrial plant Automotive tire Soil

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Walmart sells Castrol transmax gallons for 19 bucks. Is J Matic compatible. A ton of people on here run Valvoline maxlife trans. View attachment 335922
I ended up going tonight, picked up two 1 Gallon Containers, total of 8 quarts. I should have left about 2.5 Quarts, I plan on using some for Power Steering and Rack and Pinion if it's Compatible for that? Then all I have to do is buy another 1 Gallon Container for the flush of the first fill.

Here are some pics of what I purchased.
Liquid Fluid Personal care Material property Gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts