Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the flowmaster 60 series delta flow muffler anyone have this installed, on flowmaster's website it says its ideal for 4 & 6 cyl trucks any comments?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a delta 50 on my turbo minivan, I loved it. Quiet at cruise but diabolical at WOT. A 60 would be a good choice on a VQ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I was hoping someone had this system installed, and a sound clip would have been nice,everyone seems to have the 50 series witch sounds pretty good thanks again

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for the reply I was hoping someone had this system installed, and a sound clip would have been nice,everyone seems to have the 50 series witch sounds pretty good thanks again
I'll be switching to the 50 Series SUV muffler very soon. The 40 Series is way too loud between 2500-3500 RPM's for my taste. Very drone-like at that RPM level, which happens to be right where I usually am on the freeway and towing something.

The 50 Series is a three chamber as opposed to a two-chamber, so it should be fairly quiet at low RPM's and throaty enough for our V6.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I have the 50 series dual in/out.
It definitely is louder than stock but not obnoxious or "ricey" in my opinion.

There is some slight drone between 2000-2500 rpm, nothing I can't live with.

To be honest it took me a little while to get used to the sound (increased volume) but now I don't even really notice it.

I wish it sounded a little more like the SE-R, that thing sounds awesome.

Overall the sound of the Flowmaster 50 on the 4.0L is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts