Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds picky, but does any one know of an easy way to tighten the sun visors so they are not flopping when in the stored position?

I put a light weight speaker phone on mine, which makes it even more obvious.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have the same issue. I even went as far a removing them to see if i could pull them apart and fix them. I ended up braking the tab that covers the screw and my visors still Flap all over the place. I think the only fix might be get a new one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
mine has a little play but only on the passenger side since my wife is a freak about putting the damn visor down every time she is in a car. If it bothers you how about a little velcroe double sticky tape.

·
Registered
602 Posts
would stay up but not come down

·
Registered
387 Posts
both of mine shake I just push it up if they drop a little to far and just ignore it focus on the road

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have an 05 LE 2 wheel Crew Cab. Both of mine are tight up or down. Could the LEs have a better quality sun visor. Both of mine have the light built in for those women that put their make up on in their vehicles. I can't find a reason that us men might need to use the mirror even less with a light.

·
Registered
256 Posts
A friends accord had this problem. the passenger side would drop striat down no matter what.

After messing with it I figured you can pull it strait out(away from the mount). I wrapped some electrical tape around the shaft and pounded it back on (towards the mount) down the shaft. Tape took the play out of it pretty good. Probably only a temporary fix if you use the visor a lot tho.

Not sure if we have the same kind of setup, just try knocking it towards the center of the truck, once you get it out a good amount wrap in in some tape or maybe put some rubber cement (careful not to get it on the fabric) and let it dry a little before pounding it back on to take up some of the slack.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same issue. I thought I was just crazy.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
mine come down on a hard hit, but then again the wipers come on too:laugh:
whats really cool is how every thing from the front cup holder jumps out, and every thing from the rear cup holder jumps into it:laugh:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Both of mine have been floppy from day one, and I bought it new. Typical Nissan build quality as far as I'm concerned. I just deal with it.....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Been waiting for someone to figure out a solution for this thing; did this one soon after Hollister.

Got some button snaps.

Put a short sheet metal screw directly into the visor and another one w/speed nut through headliner(access it by popping the overhead console out).
_

·
Registered
6 Posts
easy fix

If it bothers you how about a little velcroe...
thats what i did. i just used some velcro tape, the kind with the soft and spiky sides.

i stuck the soft side to the visor then attached the spiky side to the soft side. i swung it around and stuck it to the headliner where i wanted it. i pushed a little for a few seconds to make sure it was stuck, then i pulled the visor (with the soft side attached) away from the headliner (with the spiky side attached) and tucked it back up.

it stays stuck and the two sides detach and don't try to fall off.

i made sure there was no crack between the visor and the headliner so that GD sun cant come in and annoy me on my way to work. what a jerk.

·
Registered
271 Posts
On top of the floppy issue, my d/s sunvisor now has loose upholstery. It looks like a drooping headliner at 15K. May have to see if warrenty will cover it....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts