Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

this isn't a mod question but i figured i would post it on the interior section anyway!

anyone else getting TERRIBLE wear out of their OEM floormats?

i bought my truck 5 weeks ago and have @ 1200 miles on it and the driver side floormat is getting pretty close to having a hole where i rest my right foot :censor:

i know they be expensive as hell to buy so would this be covered under warranty?

thanks for any input !

·
Registered
30 Posts
yea im haveing the same problem with mine ive had them for about a year and theres a dent where my fot rests but i dont think theyre covered by waranty

what i though about doing was getting a piece of aluminum and bolting it through the mat somehow

or maybe get one of these floor protectors but for $70 theyre pricey

Nissan Frontier

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get weathertech floorliners.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
x2^

I love my weathertech digital fits.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually don't like the berber type carpet floormat' they hold the dirt more than regular carpet. I wish I could get floormats made out of regular carpet material.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have any pics of the weathertech floor mats installed? I was reading that they are a semi custom fit. I am trying to decide between the oem all weather rubber mats vs the weathertech mats. I want a clean fitting mat which is why i have not purchased the wal mart mats. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have any pics of the weathertech floor mats installed? I was reading that they are a semi custom fit. I am trying to decide between the oem all weather rubber mats vs the weathertech mats. I want a clean fitting mat which is why i have not purchased the wal mart mats. Thanks
get weathertechs man. i love mine well worth the money. not even close to the all weather ones. They arent just a semi custom fit. They're a perfect digital fit and are fitted perfectly to every single little crease and angle. Sorry this is the best pic of mine right now. really a pic of my pedals. Doesnt show the other half of the mats. Sorry. Anyways here it is.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
those weathertechs looks great. i'm still rocking the black generic rubber mats that i had been using in my old xterra. i put the rubber mates right over my factory carpet mats and they seem to work pretty well. seeing the weathertechs makes me want to upgrade though.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
mmm ... yea

I was lucky enough to grab some weathertechs from a member on this site. I couldnt be happier. i have the scankie OEM burber mats for summer, and the weathertechs for winter, but I'm thinking now that I will just keep the weathertechs in when out camping/fishing in the summer just to keep the truck clean.
I ordered new set from a local "truck/van mod store" but they took over 2 months to have them delivered to the store. There seems to be a huge backup at the factory which causes the delay in delivery.

d-mo

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just bought a pair of the universal all-weather rubber floor mats you can get at walmart when I first bought my truck. parents had a pair in our old '86 suburban. they're not a perfect fit all around, but they sit where my feet would get the carpet wet. I like 'em, and they're the same color as the "carpet" in my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Ive been looking for some to come on sale here, but seem to miss out every time someones selling some.

Thread jack: 5speed, wered you get your pedals?
they're autovation competetion series pedals in black anodized.

here's there site. Nissan Frontier

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread. I ordered my weathertechs straight from there website and I got them in like 2 weeks or less I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a warning about the WeatherTech All-Weather .. they are flexible as all get out and the coverage is wonderful. BUT, the material is a bit too soft and after 4-5 years, you end up wearing a hole through the mat. I had'em on a 1997 Ford Expedition 4 yrs/44,500 miles and 2003 Ford Ranger 5yrs/38,000 miles before I put a hole through them.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Husky liners are where its at. Kinda pricey i guess but you definitely get youre moneys worth.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Just a warning about the WeatherTech All-Weather .. they are flexible as all get out and the coverage is wonderful. BUT, the material is a bit too soft and after 4-5 years, you end up wearing a hole through the mat. I had'em on a 1997 Ford Expedition 4 yrs/44,500 miles and 2003 Ford Ranger 5yrs/38,000 miles before I put a hole through them.
The weathertech digital fits are made of a very hard plastic and are very rigid.

·
Registered
602 Posts
o got the oem factory rubber mats about 80 bucks or so for front set and one big one to go across back floor

Love em take out and wipe down and they look good as knew besides driver which i only a cut where i dropped a knife but not even noticeable because once i get in about 2 times it is dirty again :)

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Im about 95% positive that you'll like the weather digital fits. They're a bit pricey, but they are well worth it. They are very hard and stiff yet they're just soft enough on top. I mean when you take them out with your hands they dont flap around at all. They're pretty solid. The hold everything in real well and really form right into every little corner and bend. I can't comment on the back ones though cause i only have them up front.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts