Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know that even once i put on the new prg suspension I will still have some rubbing issues on the front fenders because i am using a 1.25" wheel adapter. I've been searching and all I'm really looking for is pics of how some of you guys fixed rubbing issues. For example, trimming, cutting, melting, etc. Just need a basic idea so I know I will be able to do it. I already cut off the front splash guards, but I think they're going to rub anyways on the inside plastic part of the front fenders.

·
Registered
304 Posts
have someone turn your wheels for you.
mark the spots you see that it hits
get out grinder and cut a V in the damn thing

I did it and it works great. Now I notice when I have a passenger that side hits a little so I need to do the other side soon. The ups and downs of carpooling hah! :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I did the lower back portion of the fenders by pulling the liner part way out, BFH/tin snips to the sheetmetal; carefully heated the liner up with a blowtorch and used a ice cold can of soda/beer to re-form the plastic.
This pic. gives you the idea, theres 5.5" of lift tho'.

G/L

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the pics and tips. I'm expecting some rubbing and should be able to solve it like you guys did. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts