Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am currently riding 275/60/20. I inherited these big rims when I bought my truck used. This past weekend I bought the stock 16x7s that were supposed to be on my truck. I have found some 285/75/16s for sale and I am wondering if they will fit. I will post pictures of my truck... basically I am not sure how high my lift is. Sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you have a 3" spacer lift. 33's on stock wheels should fit without an issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I just found some on craigslist and I'm hoping I can get them.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
if you are buying your rims and tires separately, be sure they are the same inner diameter to fit to the rim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I bought the stock Nissan rims on Saturday. The 16x7s. I'm not sure what you mean.

According to a Metric tire size converter I found, the 285/75/16 will actually be a little smaller than the 275/60/20s. The converter says the 285 is 32.8 and 11.2 wide whereas the 275 is 33 and 10.8 wide. Sound about right?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
the "16" in 285/75/16 is the inner diameter of the tire, and it needs to be the same as the outer diameter as the rim; for example, a 16" rim like you said you bought.

make sure you buy 16" inner diameter tires, because 16.5" rims and tires do exist. just fyi.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes. Thank you. He has them listed as 285/75/16 but you are right, they very well could be 16.5 Do you think those tires will be too wide for the 7 inch wide rim?

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
That looks like a 5" spacer...

According to a Metric tire size converter I found, the 285/75/16 will actually be a little smaller than the 275/60/20s. The converter says the 285 is 32.8 and 11.2 wide whereas the 275 is 33 and 10.8 wide. Sound about right?
Since the 285s are a tiny bit wider, they'd be a little bit more likely to rub. If they do rub, it's not going to take much to eliminate it...just a small amount of heat or trimming.

Good thing you're replacing those rims...sorry but those are hideous.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No need to apologize to me. I bought the truck in August and finally could afford to get rid of them. They are the worst things I've ever seen. I am embarrassed by them.

I don't want to do any cutting though...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did not know that... Good to know. Thanks

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Oh yes. Thank you. He has them listed as 285/75/16 but you are right, they very well could be 16.5 Do you think those tires will be too wide for the 7 inch wide rim?
no, i think it will be fine. even more so with the spacer lift.

That looks like a 5" spacer...

Good thing you're replacing those rims...sorry but those are hideous.
yea, looking at it again, looks a little more then 3".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone for the help. It appears the tires will fit the rims (if in fact the inner diameter is 16"). Now I just need to figure out somehow if the tires will fit without rubbing due to the increased width.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If your lift is 3" + you will not have a problem with 285"s. I ran 285's on my stock rims with a 2.5 leveling kit before my body lift!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'd be more worried about the drive shaft angles with that big of a spacer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a 5" not a 3" lift. It looks like a Calmini but I am not certain. My skid plate looks like the one that comes with their kit.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It looks like the spacer that comes in Calmini DB kit. Maybe the previous owner took the rest of the lift off before selling.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll take some pictures this weekend and post them. You can see blue all under the truck from the kit. It isn't just the spacer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts