Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen other threads where people fit 265/75 without issues, but not particularly in this model. Has anyone else done this before without having to mess with the suspension? I'm not taking this thing off-road, it's my daily driver in the city, but I think it'll look nicer with these tires. Thoughts? Issues? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
This size came stock on my 2011 Pro 4 X

MAC

Reactions: Ottobot

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
261 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems. 99% of people don't anyway. I had rubbing on my fronts when I did it. I went with load range E BFG all terrains and I'm not sure if maybe that made the difference or not.

But like I said. Should be fine. Look at others rigs on here. Check their builds. Tons of good info here. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
893 Posts
Yes this question is beaten to death. Since this is the stock size on the pro 4x (and probably 2x) you'll be fine unless you have aftermarket wheels with a different offset, then there is potential for slight rub.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
One bonus is that your speedometer may become accurate! My solution for an inaccurate speedometer was to install a scanguage, which lines up exactly with all the radar signs around here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You shouldn't have any problems. 99% of people don't anyway. I had rubbing on my fronts when I did it. I went with load range E BFG all terrains and I'm not sure if maybe that made the difference or not.

But like I said. Should be fine. Look at others rigs on here. Check their builds. Tons of good info here. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! It's my 1st truck, so your advice really helps.

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
261 Posts
One bonus is that your speedometer may become accurate! My solution for an inaccurate speedometer was to install a scanguage, which lines up exactly with all the radar signs around here.
Mine did!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah! I read about that in other threads, so I guess that's a nice little hidden bonus there. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes this question is beaten to death. Since this is the stock size on the pro 4x (and probably 2x) you'll be fine unless you have aftermarket wheels with a different offset, then there is potential for slight rub.
I agree, it's my 1st truck, so I don't wanna mess too much with it; I was curious because other models have these tires as stock and you know how delicate certain brands are with their OEM parts, specially when they're connected to the suspension and the axels. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
884 Posts
2WD here no rub with 265/75. Accurate speedo as well.
20201017_124013.jpg

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Once I owned a GPS I found out the very car I owned or driven since had a speedo that showed 2 to 3mph low. Yes i am sure you have a car that is spot on. I think that the frontier is no different. Instead of recalibration for the 265/75r16, they just said close enough.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
i upgraded to smaller lighter 245-75-16 on my 2011 SV 4WD! still lots of load carrying according to specs compared to heavier bigger 265-70-16 that was on it + almost the same OD
I had considered that too. The diameter is the same as 265/70-16, and theoretically winter traction and fuel economy should be a bit better. Certainly a viable option.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i upgraded to smaller lighter 245-75-16 on my 2011 SV 4WD! still lots of load carrying according to specs compared to heavier bigger 265-70-16 that was on it + almost the same OD
Only thing is there is no substitute if you want to go to larger 32"+ size tires for reasons of ground clearance and smoother ride on rough terrain... just have to live with the weight increase and get the lightest one in size that works for expected use to minimize negative effects of decreased acceleration/increased braking effort and lower fuel economy.

Despite the negatives of the 265/75-16 Cooper AT3 4S I recently put on, I actually like how they ride better than the lighter highway setup - soaks up impacts and rough sections better than the smaller diameter stock size and has nice lower tone that is less fatiguing to listen to. I wouldn't have minded going with a skinnier, lighter narrower 16" AT tire, but there was none that went to a 32" size which were lighter than the 265/75-16 Cooper AT3 4S (41lbs)...best I could find was 235/85-16 Dick Cepek Extreme Country @ 43lbs but they wouldn't fit with the wheels I was going with and were load E rated well beyond the wheels along with lower speed rating than I want.

The 265/75-16 Cooper AT3s on 16x8 +15mm offset Ultra Crusher wheels come in at 64.0 lbs and the stock 16x7 +30mm offset SV wheels with 265/70-16 Kumho Crugen tires with about 9k miles wear is (59.4lbs)... means the Ultra Crushers are about 4lbs lighter than stock SV wheels based on the given tire weights.

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
Was there ever any such thing as a Pro-2X? I purchased made-up stickers for my stripped XE... but they were just for teasing..
Yes, post-NISMO came the PRO4X...and some were just 4x2/RWD.

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
169 Posts
You need to get a number four that's carved out of wood to stick behind that X.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts