Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
06 4x4 CC, T-Swap and a whole bunch of other things..
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get quick consensus on others that had mis-drilled diff covers.. such a bummer. I was so hoping to get this on today.
Crankset Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well that's no good.. Have you called them ? I would feel sending them these same pics they would send out a replacement,,?
I was personally looking at this exact cover

Reactions: FrontEar808

·
Registered
06 4x4 CC, T-Swap and a whole bunch of other things..
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's no good.. Have you called them ? I would feel sending them these same pics they would send out a replacement,,?
I was personally looking at this exact cover
I emailed them, I hope there’s no trouble is all. Man that cover looks soo sweet too! Pulling on my heartstrings!🥺 nonetheless, I had to change fluid anyway since my gears are about broken in. Im hoping the next one will bolt right up, gear oil is getting pricey, even at shop price lol!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Maybe. In reading the linked thread, it says that a dana 44 cover has 2 less bolts than a m226. Looking up some D44 covers you can clearly count ten. But the one the OP received has 12.

OE Dana 44 cover
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Composite material Bumper

THe ruff stuff D44 cover
Gas Rectangle Jewellery Electronic device Font

But hold on the story is not over. The Dana 44 used on the Jeep Rubicon is not a standard D44 either, it is a variant. The standard D44 has a 8.5" (or 215.9mm) ring gear. The Rubi's is listed a M220 with 12 holes and pictured below. Could they have mixed up a Rubi diff? Possible. But looking at the RuffStuffs Rubi cover bolt pattern and the one posted by the OP, I can not be sure. The hole placement do not look exactly the same, 2 holes near the weld opposite the fill plug look like they are in different places. Could just be the picture though.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Oval Gas Font

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone, it's Angel from OffroadGorilla.com. We are working with the OP and RuffStuff to see what's wrong with this particular cover. There are hundreds of these installed and this is the first alignment issue we have.

Solution is probably as simple as sending a new cover out. We want to determine what the issue is so it doesn't happen again. The bolt pattern is CNC machined so it's very odd that it doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2016 CCLB
47 Posts
Hello Everyone, it's Angel from OffroadGorilla.com. We are working with the OP and RuffStuff to see what's wrong with this particular cover. There are hundreds of these installed and this is the first alignment issue we have.

Solution is probably as simple as sending a new cover out. We want to determine what the issue is so it doesn't happen again. The bolt pattern is CNC machined so it's very odd that it doesn't fit.
Someone sneezed when slelecting the G code. 😆

1 - 20 of 40 Posts