Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these today at Captree State Park here on Long Island. I made these look like paintings cause tharts what I like. The first one came out good, the other two arnt AS good... i didnt do my normal exposure settings... i needed to adjust more since I was taken photos of actual objects (that moved) this time, rather then the sky... sooo they were all a litte on the dark side...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You guys amaze me with what you can do with photographs. Very nice.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
looks like one of those pictures that you plug in and the little lights light up. i dig the colors.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Absolutely look like paintings, I dig them.
I know these are HDR shots with some tone mapping.
What other (if any) post processing do you usually do to get this effect?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just HDR... im a HUGE fan of HDR, i know it looks like a painting and not real but i LOVE that look, lol. Besides tone mapping (Photomatix) i just play with brightness/contrast is all

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Just HDR... im a HUGE fan of HDR, i know it looks like a painting and not real but i LOVE that look, lol. Besides tone mapping (Photomatix) i just play with brightness/contrast is all
Yeah, I think they look really cool, thanks for the desktop background btw (pic 3).

You said you typically take 5 exposures stopped +/- 1/2 ev right?
I think that's what I remember you posting.
Sadly my little D40 does not have AEB, sucks. :(
Anything that moves is nearly impossible without AEB.
You set white balance, iso and aperture locked (manual) right?

You take some cool photos my friend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks... normally i do the following

+6 +4 +2 0 -2 -4 -6

These work good for sunsets, sometimes i alter it but generally that amount, sometimes i go + a little more to capture the sunset

For the boats i did

+8 +4 0 -2 -4 i think

Which DIDNT work out as i had hoped, i shoulda went +12 and then +6 and then 0 to capture more of the boats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts