Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang:
While I've had a Subaru, (2) Jeeps, (2) Xterras, an Explorer and are on our 3rd 4Runner, I've NEVER HAD A TRUCK!!!
So I took delivery today of my first truck, a 17' Silver Pro-4X King Cab, and couldn't be happier! First purchase will be some type of tonneau cover and considering all types. Looking forward to a long relationship with this great little truck and will visit this fantastic forum regularly!
On Wisconsin!
Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome Mark. I just put the Extang Trifecta Signature 2.0 on my '17 and love it. Bought it from TonneauCoversWorld.com for $426 shipped. I asked the sales rep for recommends and he said this Extang was the best trifold on the market.

Btw, good taste in cars. Among others, I've owned 3 Subarus and 2 Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim, there are so dang many tonneaus on the market and it's daunting to determine the best for one's needs. I'll take a look at the Extang Trifecta... I'll use my truck to haul but not store anything of value, so being durable and weatherproof are my priorities with security a distant third... Thanks again. Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Sean. I've not gotten around to adding a profile yet, but Cedarburg which is metropolitan Milwaukee. We have a home here and one in Door County (90 minutes north of Green Bay on the Door Peninsula) which is a regular trek for me loaded with toys and tools... Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome! I purchased an Extang Trifecta 2.0 from tonneaucoveraworld.com and love it - highly recommended. Call them before you purchase and they'll knock a few more $$$'s off the posted price.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Make sure you have a little room between the clips in the front and the back of your cab. I pushed mine a little too close... After driving a couple days, I noticed the clips had scratched up the paint a bit. Now I have two dime size paint flaws on the back of the cab. Argh, my truck is less than 2 weeks old! I moved the cover forward about half an inch and added some felt stickers (meant for furniture, from Ikea) to prevent additional future damage. That's all I had handy in the garage. Eventually, I'll look for something a little more weatherproof and aesthetically pleasing. Even if the clips aren't touching while parked, they can touch when road vibration comes into play. I would imagine you'd need a fairly decent gap to avoid rubbing if you are driving off-road at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good tip - that's on my to do list for this weekend. After installation I took a trip on the interstate and heard some tapping from the clip on the right side, apparently I had it too far forward. I'm going to take it off this weekend and pull it back just a hair - luckily no scratches!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good tip - that's on my to do list for this weekend. After installation I took a trip on the interstate and heard some tapping from the clip on the right side, apparently I had it too far forward. I'm going to take it off this weekend and pull it back just a hair - luckily no scratches!

I was just out in the garage fiddling with mine again. If you move it too far towards the tailgate, it won't seal properly. At least on my truck, the clips almost have to be touching the cab in order for the front to seal properly, even after adding the foam.

I was going to remove the felt stickers and trim/replace; however, they are VERY sticky and will be a mess to remove. I guess I'll save this for a later date. What I should have done, and what might work better for you, is putting the felt stickers on the clips rather than the truck. Live and learn!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glad you said that - I'll try it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gents: Based on recommendation by the "chat guy", I ended up buying the TruXedo TruXport rollup tonneau cover based on substantial highway driving (2 chat guys said it would be quieter than a tri-fold) as well as it's slightly wider coverage, in theory offering better weather resistance. As I said in my opening post, there are so many to choose from and I'm sure most work very well. Thx, Mark

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Madison and spend a lot of time getting dirty up in Langlade county.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts