Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased a used 2019 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV V6 4x2 with 15K miles on it. This is my first truck. After a lot of research and pondering I decided to go with the TRUCKIEST TRUCK on market and best value for price. Planning to use it as a daily driver. Excited about the upgrades. I love to work on cars. Here is my wish list for the new 6 months:
  • Upgrade the audio system
  • Examine all fluids and do necessary drain and fill. (It's a rental truck, not sure how it was used)
  • All Weather Floor mats/liners
  • Hard bed cover
  • Dash cam
  • Phone holder for while navigating
  • Fog lights
  • Nets for rear seats storage.
Right now my biggest worry with this truck is the oil leak/build up on the left side valve cover(driver side). Didn't notice any dripping. Drives fine. Got some opinions from the forums, will do a visit to the dealership and see what they say.
Looks like a great community. I have already digged through the forums and found a ton of information to chew on. Keep up the great work. I will do my 2 cents in updating posts/threads as I find.

Please feel free to through you opinions/reviews on the above mentioned wish list.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
If you have an oil leak or build up of oil I would let the dealer deal with that. Is that on left looking under hood or from drivers seat? I know there use to be problems with the power steering canister “White” cup size resivour on left if looking under hood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!
If you have an oil leak or build up of oil I would let the dealer deal with that. Is that on left looking under hood or from drivers seat? I know there use to be problems with the power steering canister “White” cup size resivour on left if looking under hood.
Should have made myself a little more clear. By left I meant when looking from the driver's seat. Perhaps I shouldn't use this direction when referring to under the hood. No, it's not the left when looking under the hood. It's the right side (Driver side) valve cover. Yes, took an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. Will post if there is an update here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you upgrade the audio system to something with phone integration you wouldn't need the phone holder for navigating.
My plan was to upgrade the speakers first and not to mess with the console. Just because of my assumption that it would cost a lot more for that smartphone integration/mirroring. It might be a good idea to explore. Please let me know if you know of any retailers or forum threads already discussing this.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Should have made myself a little more clear. By left I meant when looking from the driver's seat. Perhaps I shouldn't use this direction when referring to under the hood. No, it's not the left when looking under the hood. It's the right side (Driver side) valve cover. Yes, took an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. Will post if there is an update here.
No you were right.. I just wasn’t sure if you were aware of the description position, you got it!
I’ve not heard of any complaints on valve cover leakage.. it’s a first for me on here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My plan was to upgrade the speakers first and not to mess with the console. Just because of my assumption that it would cost a lot more for that smartphone integration/mirroring. It might be a good idea to explore. Please let me know if you know of any retailers or forum threads already discussing this.
I'm a couple weeks out from getting my truck but the first thing I'll do is replace the head unit with one that has Apple Maps. I've heard you can sell the stock head unit for close to what a new aftermarket goes for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a couple weeks out from getting my truck but the first thing I'll do is replace the head unit with one that has Apple Maps. I've heard you can sell the stock head unit for close to what a new aftermarket goes for.
Congratulations on your purchase. Please post your experience here. It might help others too who are looking to replace the head unit. Will you be replacing speakers as well ? So many choices out there..confused.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Please post your experience here. It might help others too who are looking to replace the head unit. Will you be replacing speakers as well ? So many choices out there..confused.
I'm holding off until December to buy my truck. If you search here there are a few threads on stereo upgrades but it is confusing which way to go.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I doubt that, most people are wanting an aftermarket but I would be happy wth a nice factory unit other than my cheap factory unit. But I would not pay near what a nice unit would run for a factory unit.. less it was Bose. I just like the factory look if it’s a nice one!

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
If your stereo is all about music/fidelity, then go aftermarket - beginning w/ the head unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts