Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 07 Frontier CC 6MT. I've never owned a truck before, I've always liked smaller cars. I bought this truck to tow a race car of mine and figured it would be beneficial to join a forum like this for some guidance with any future modifications I want to do.

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
Wecome to the group. Hope you have good luck with it.
The six speed is a blast to drive.

Clint

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some (crappy autotrader.com) pics.

The truck came with some plus size tires which I think give it a good looking stance, a magnaflow cat-back exhaust, and the towing package.
I really only needed the towing package, but I'm not going to complain about the tires and exhaust. :)

I just added some NISMO floormats this week for the low low price of free. (hand me down gift from a buddy of mine that used to own a Frontier...score).

Future mods include:
new head unit and maybe some some Silverstar headlights since the I'm used to HID headlights on my old car and these ones just seem dull. :shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice looking truck...those look like 33's for tires. Looks like a leveling kit was also put on it to accommodate the larger tires. I agree the stock lights on these trucks are dog$h!t, which is why I eventually installed an HID kit. Even just some Silverstar bulbs + turning up your headlights will give decent results if you're not looking to shell out extra $$$.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Those do look like 285's with a leveling kit, or something similar.

A few on here have air bags in the rear for towing, some have those weight distribution hitches. Your Civic probably doesn't weight a whole heck of a lot, truck should pull it around with ease.

I tried to find a pic of Mr Plow pulling his pathfinder, truck sits very level and nice with the trailer. You could also check out "other builds" and Irongrave has some pic's towing his XJ around.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few on here have air bags in the rear for towing, some have those weight distribution hitches. Your Civic probably doesn't weight a whole heck of a lot, truck should pull it around with ease.
It's relatively light. 2300 lbs.

My friend has owned 2 Frontiers to pull various cars (3-series BMW, 240sx, etc) and he says they tow lighter cars with ease.

·
Registered
106 Posts
welcome to fc!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.