Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Silver CC SB 2WD SV
32 Posts
Well, if it's any consolation, I towed around 3,500 pounds with my Frontier cross country last month. Did I mention I did it THREE times!? Yep, 12,500 miles in a month. It was a 5 1/2 x 10 utility trailer that I then added sides to. From California to my new home in Tennessee. I stuck to around 65 or so even though the speed limits are like 75 outside of California, just to be safe. But it did AMAZING! Going through Cali I was limited to about 60, and even averaged 19 MPG fully loaded (hand calculated, of course). Going through the mountains and windy areas (Oklahoma, Arkansas), dropped me down to the 12-13 range, but it was a champ. So I say, if it will save you headache and a few bucks, 45 miles each way will be super easy. Just be cautious and everything will be just fine. Oh, and with buying the trailer, gas, and hotels, cost me around $6,000 for the ENTIRE trip. U-Haul wanted to charge me $7,500 just for the truck rental! Now I have a trailer I can use any time, or rent out. Haha

·
Registered
‘22 CC Red Alert 4x4 S
34 Posts
I used the car hauler from uHaul. It has hydraulic spring brakes. The weight shift on the trailer alerts the brakes to engage. I bough my brake controller for nothing, LOL. Not really, I still need it for my ATV custom camping trailer.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Reactions: (none)
21 - 22 of 22 Posts