Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a new bone stock frontier and $100 amazon gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket.! Haha. Just seeing if anyone had any good buys off amazon that they got for their truck that is recommended. Was thinking good set of floor mats or a stubby antenna and whatever else. Any opinions appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought a short antenna and a bug shield off Amazon. Bug shield will definitely keep your hood chip free from all the small rocks etc. encountered on the roadway.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
My set of floor mats cost more than $100, so I can't help there, but if you want you can set it aside and add to it and get a nice tri-fold bed cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought a short antenna and a bug shield off Amazon. Bug shield will definitely keep your hood chip free from all the small rocks etc. encountered on the roadway.
I apologize for highjacking this thread for a moment. How do you like that stubby antenna? I'm thinking of getting one as well. I'm worried I'll lose reception, as I live in rural Flagler County (Florida) and have few radio stations close to me.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I apologize for highjacking this thread for a moment. How do you like that stubby antenna? I'm thinking of getting one as well. I'm worried I'll lose reception, as I live in rural Flagler County (Florida) and have few radio stations close to me.
I bought one and tried it out for a week. I had a noticeable loss of reception in parking garages and stations faded out several miles sooner when driving out of range of a station. I ended up switching back to the stock antenna since the long antenna doesn't really bother me. In fact, I wish I could find a longer one to put on to see how much of a difference that makes.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I live in St. John's county. I put an AntennaX stubby on and didn't notice much difference. I can pick Jacksonville stations up in Keystone. I do have an aftermarket radio (Kenwood DDX9903) so I don't know if that makes up for any loss in the stubby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in Jax and the stubby antenna makes the AM/FM basically useless even in the city. I have the stock Fosgate unit from the Pro4x.

To the OP, I purchased my in channel window vent visors from Amazon. They are great for helping keep the cab cooler in the summer time

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I like the look of the stubby antenna but I am also afraid of signal loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
239 Posts

I very rarely use the sound system in the truck. I usually use my phone. That being said I never noticed a loss but again I've never really done a comparison. I'm no expert but I would assume the stock setup is going to give a better radius for reception.

Cool factor over OEM is 9/10 though. LOL::wink::

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
I bought one and tried it out for a week. I had a noticeable loss of reception in parking garages and stations faded out several miles sooner when driving out of range of a station. I ended up switching back to the stock antenna since the long antenna doesn't really bother me. In fact, I wish I could find a longer one to put on to see how much of a difference that makes.
Would like to source a longer antenna as well. Due to my aero-style above cab topper, an appropriately longer antenna would be ideal to help remind me when driving under certain height restrictions. Are most/all antennas able to be swapped in as far as unscrew/screw-in and threading?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the WeathertTech mats, would highly recommend at least getting the front floor liners. You can also look at Husky Liners, they are solid as well. I ended up getting the extended (King Cab) floor liner off the web a couple months back. Like that it matches, but no one ever sits back there, so no big deal. However the front floor liners are a great addition. Make sure you get Floor Liners and not just regular mats, the liners are more encompassing to protect the floors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I live in St. John's county. I put an AntennaX stubby on and didn't notice much difference. I can pick Jacksonville stations up in Keystone. I do have an aftermarket radio (Kenwood DDX9903) so I don't know if that makes up for any loss in the stubby.
Here in Flagler where I'm at, I can barely get St. Augustine and Jax stations unless it is really cloudy outside for some reason, with the stock antenna. True, I listen a lot to my phone when I commute. But, I like to listen to local stuff, traffic reports, etc. As nice as a stubby would look, it sounds like I would lose too much.

Thanks guys for the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts