Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title suggest this my first post. Although I do not currently own a Frontier i hope to. I am looking at a 2014 Pro4X that has a possible axle issue that I with post in the 4X4 section once my account is cleared. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
if it has an axle issue it may be because it was driven like a red-headed-step-child and abused by the previous owner

I would think twice before I bough a well beat vehicle, most people dint look at these things like that but I have been a mechanic for about 30 years and have seen most thing that there are out there, so be warned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it has an axle issue it may be because it was driven like a red-headed-step-child and abused by the previous owner

I would think twice before I bough a well beat vehicle, most people dint look at these things like that but I have been a mechanic for about 30 years and have seen most thing that there are out there, so be warned.

I understand that which is why I came here to find possible answers before I bought it. Not being familiar the Pro4X electronic locking system I thought is could an electronic issue. In 4WD hi and locker not selected the rear was locking during turns as if it was locked. It works correctly in 2WD. This was on pavement but it was at the dealership. The dealer "said" they would fix it.
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I understand that which is why I came here to find possible answers before I bought it. Not being familiar the Pro4X electronic locking system I thought is could an electronic issue. In 4WD hi and locker not selected the rear was locking during turns as if it was locked. It works correctly in 2WD. This was on pavement but it was at the dealership. The dealer "said" they would fix it.
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts