Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is the first mockup and machining done to 1 of my stock Nismo wheels at OMF
This isnt the lock ring, but is what a newly CNC'd Phase 6 ring will bolt to. They did these newly for me. They previously only did Phase 5's
After this 1 is finished, theylle write the CNC program machine all the wheels and weld the street locks to the wheels, from there they go to the powder coater next week. The Phase 6 rings then bolt to the wheels.
I should have them back late next week

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Okay, I feel a bit dumb but how does that lock the bead in place?

I know there is another ring that will be installed but how does that interact with the current ring to squeeze the bead?

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Okay, I feel a bit dumb but how does that lock the bead in place?

I know there is another ring that will be installed but how does that interact with the current ring to squeeze the bead?
that not the bead lock ring.. it is still being machined. Also I think he is getting street locks.

BRUTAL why did you go with OMF over Champion? When i was looking at it I was leaning the other way..

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
theyre both about the same, champion is alittle higher. And I really Like the Phaze 5, ( but Bones at OMF had the CNC guy make a new set of Phaze 6's to match the spoke count with relief for valve stem clearance)

PHAZE 6

PHAZE 5

The ring will be Candy red with black rock starz on Anthracite powder coated wheel. similar to this..

Dubie, these are gonna be street locks not a true BL, for 2 reasons
1) I have aired down alot and never had a tire dismount, but more so
2) A true beadlock adds $120 per wheel to the $200/wheel Im already spending(IM doing all 5 wheels) plus they are identicle to a true BL except in function, so no hassle, lower cost, the look I want, and on a wheel I like, I KNOW it fits the truck without spacers or clearance issues. And I also bought 5 KM2's. so I pushed my tire wheel package to about $3k, a true beadlock was another $120/wheel or $620. 620 will pay for the Cedar wood to finish my Pergola in the back yard next month, and I can always convert the wheel to a true beadlock later if I desire....

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Yeah I got the warning about true beadlocks not being DOT approved when I ordered mine.. I can't wait to see these done.. and KM2 is a nice tire.. I lucked out and some how got a set trail grapplers from a guy at street truck magazine so that upped my wheel budget.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Nice. Can't wait to see the final product. I really like the Phase 5's but I'm very pleased to see they'll make a Phase 6 to match the spokes. These are going to look great.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow! Awesome, someone is finally beadlocking a stock wheel. I wanted to do that when I first got my truck. Actually that was one of my first posts back in 07.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AV, its just going to look like he has beadlocked wheels. So its taking the stock wheel and making it look like a beadlock without actually having it, aka a street lock wheel.

They should look sick as heck when they are done. Whats the est time of completion?
theyre done and shipping back to me tommorrow, I should have them next week

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
brutal as always, your truck mods are awesome and out of this world. something only a true gearhead can concieve (and some deep pockets). thanks for letting us know this is possible, and please keep us updated with pics. i really really am excited to see what it looks installed with the tires....

also correct me if i'm wrong but the face of the spokes look like they have been machined to be able to sit the ring flush. is that machining of the spokes included in the 200 dollar per wheel price?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes It Is And Included, The Lip And Spokes Were Machined Flat And Lowered Too Since Theyre Slightly Convex. Even Omf Is Excited, First Cause They Just Came Out With The Phaze 5, Then Cause We Talked About And Did A Phaze 6. So These Are The First Set. I Talked To Bones At Omf And Hes Gonna Send Me Pics Today And Post To The Website As Well...and Yes As Soon As I Get Them Back And The Km2's Mounted Ill Post Pics.....

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
So does that mean this will be available from OMF as a Sim-U-Lock kit?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay Heres A Pic Of 1 Of My Wheels That Just Boxed And Shipped Today. The rock starz are not installed yet since I have to do that after I mount the tires

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice, looks great! Can't wait to see pics of them mounted on the truck!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts