Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to be the Oil Cooler O Ring behind the oil filter.

Does anyone know what a mechanic will like ly charge to replace it? I would do it myself, but recovering from back surgery so contortionist is not something I can do right now, lol.

Thanks.

jwp

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
It shouldn't cost too much if you have a mechanic you trust. It's 1 step further than doing an oil change. I did mine in about an hour taking my time and being really careful. I'd have them do the oil at the same time while they're under there. The part is like $4 on amazon so I'm not sure what your mechanic would charge you, but I can't see it breaking the bank.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shouldn't cost too much if you have a mechanic you trust. It's 1 step further than doing an oil change. I did mine in about an hour taking my time and being really careful. I'd have them do the oil at the same time while they're under there. The part is like $4 on amazon so I'm not sure what your mechanic would charge you, but I can't see it breaking the bank.

Thanks. Called the mechanic. The infamous "book" says 1.1 hours labor. What a crock. Probably take them 15 minutes, lol. $93 an hour for labor! I may have to hit up a friend for a favor. That way it's just the $5 part and beer versus $15 part and $100 labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also did mine on my past truck and like Jetty said, it's essentially no more work than an oil change.
My guess is that the service manual procedure calls out to remove the lines running to the cooler but that's not necessary.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also did mine on my past truck and like Jetty said, it's essentially no more work than an oil change.
My guess is that the service manual procedure calls out to remove the lines running to the cooler but that's not necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOftqc0YDQ

Thanks for the video link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news. Turns out it was a bad oil filter and mechanic replaced it for free. That's the way to start my morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts