Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just got My Frontier 3 days ago and just wanted to show you guys what I've done so far. I dipped my grill. I'm sure there's tons of post about it, but its all good.

I got the Desert Runner Frontier with the Gun Metal Rims and I wanted to make the grill match. Stock the grill is a satin silver finish that I really didn't like. I used 4 coats of Black and 2 coats of Graphite Metalizer.

Check it out! Let me know what yall think.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man! Yeah black looks good when you're do the Murdered out look like your truck! Nice Truck btw!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks nice. I like the satin look over high gloss chrome.

I'm going to paint my grill this weekend. I'm going to paint the black plastic "mesh" behind the chrome piece some sort of metallic color (haven't decided which color yet:titanium, aluminum, chrome, etc). I figured a few rattle cans are cheaper than purchasing the wire mesh inserts and if it will get me at least close to the look I want, I'll be satisfied. Front and rear emblems are part of the project too. Just replacing the black "NISSAN" letters with white to match my truck.

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice. I like the satin look over high gloss chrome.

I'm going to paint my grill this weekend. I'm going to paint the black plastic "mesh" behind the chrome piece some sort of metallic color (haven't decided which color yet:titanium, aluminum, chrome, etc). I figured a few rattle cans are cheaper than purchasing the wire mesh inserts and if it will get me at least close to the look I want, I'll be satisfied. Front and rear emblems are part of the project too. Just replacing the black "NISSAN" letters with white to match my truck.
yeah you're right. it would be cheaper. just make sure your get some good masking tape and peel your tape right after you do you last coat (if you're using plastidip) so you can get some clean lines.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yeah you're right. it would be cheaper. just make sure your get some good masking tape and peel your tape right after you do you last coat (if you're using plastidip) so you can get some clean lines.
I'm going to be using paint, probably some form of rustoleum (i'm cheap). I plan on removing the grill and then separate the two pieces of the grill: the chrome and mesh sections appear to come apart from each other, they are just clipped together. I'm planning to keep the factory chrome-looking piece chrome. I just want to paint the black "mesh" piece a metallic color; silver or aluminum.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I thought it was black. Now I can't even figure out what color it is.

What is it? Mine is black, but a combination of undercoat and satin
black finish. I sprayed it with the undercoat but didn't know if that
had any UV resistance, so topped it with some black I had laying
around the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a chrome grill but want the satin look from your first picture. Is there a plasti-dip satin color to paint over the chrome?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts