Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck has been complaining about the knock sensor for a while now. It keeps throwing the code "knock sensor circuit malfunction" or something like that. Does that mean the sensor itself is bad? I was peeking around for it and it appears to be under the intake manifold and a total ***** to get to.

Is there anything else I should check out before I go through the head ache of replacing the KS?

·
Registered
38 Posts
this sensor in under the intake manifold. it is a big job to get to it. you have to remove the intake and plenum. the knock sensor will not trigger a "check engine" light. this code means you need to replace the sensor itself. make sure to replace the intake and plenum gaskets.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Mine has the same code, I run 93 octane with lucas octane booster, no knock, ping, or tap, and it passes inspection, so I say screw the sensor. If it isnt causing a problem to drivabilty, leave it be. It only aids in timing adjustment, thats it. Now I would worry about it if bank 1&2 KS's were toast, but if it is just one,, leave it. You may get some occasional spark knock IF you run cheap gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts