how did you get it out of the dash?
so was it a pain to get out?It is actually better than the stock lights, which when the dimmer fails, stay full bright. That is really good for wearing out your eyes at night/early morning.
My dimmer failed a couple months ago, so when I went to red this weekend, it made it a lot better.
I can't test the dimmer, but these are plenty bright while being very easy on the eyes...
1. Remover the steering column cover (5 screws)
2. Remove The lower dash Trim (the one at your knees with the E-brake handle and the Fuse panel cover (2 screws)
3. Remove the Black trim around the gauge cluster (4 screws)
4. Remove the Gauge Cluster (4 screws)
5. Unplug the Cluster connections (3 plugs on my model)
Exact opposite of above