Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Frontiers are pretty beast in snow. Was up at my brothers a few years ago, and he had one as a work truck and we got through some stuff I never thought we would.
Good tires makes a ton of difference

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frontiers are pretty beast in snow. Was up at my brothers a few years ago, and he had one as a work truck and we got through some stuff I never thought we would.
Good tires makes a ton of difference
Kinda funny that my truck slips an slides and drifts around corners in 4x4 high haha!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I hate snow. It gets in every crack & crevice that it has no business being in.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not looking forward to it here. Just watching idiots drive down my street almost gave me a heart attack last year. That being said I am hoping to get a few snow wheeling excursions in this coming winter.

Nothing like a snowy trek up into the mountains with a lunch stop that includes a nice dram of whisky and a cigar

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not looking forward to it here. Just watching idiots drive down my street almost gave me a heart attack last year. That being said I am hoping to get a few snow wheeling excursions in this coming winter.

Nothing like a snowy trek up into the mountains with a lunch stop that includes a nice dram of whisky and a cigar
I live in the so dak. Just flat land east river here. All the interesting land is west river including the black hills

·
Registered
666 Posts
Jeeze...you sound just like anakin Skywalker...except he hates sand
I can’t fuggin stand star wars... stupidest movies ever! 😂😂😂

·
Registered
319 Posts
We just had a storm with 23" in a 24hr period. My daughter asked to go to her friends house on the other side of town because they wanted to go sledding. It's nice having a vehicle that I know will get me there as long as I don't drive like an idiot. I worry more about the other drivers on the road during snow than anything else. These trucks are great in the snow as long as you keep a decent set of tires on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We just had a storm with 23" in a 24hr period. My daughter asked to go to her friends house on the other side of town because they wanted to go sledding. It's nice having a vehicle that I know will get me there as long as I don't drive like an idiot. I worry more about the other drivers on the road during snow than anything else. These trucks are great in the snow as long as you keep a decent set of tires on them.
The recent storm only left 17 inches lol! But we re expecting another storm this week I think. The stock tires seem to be holding up pretty well though

·
Registered
38 Posts
17 inches up here. The truck did great. I need to get my Start X installed already. I did source a set of rims and a set of Blizzacks that helped I'm sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got nearly a foot here in northern Utah, and she handled it just perfectly. I live in a bowl where the roads in and out are fairly steep. A trash truck lost traction coming down, while i was parked on the street. I just put it in 4 low and drove it into the yard. Leaving the same day, it was pretty funny watching Subaru's getting stuck going up the same road, while I had it in 4-hi and the tires didn't even slip. Tires are new Les Schwab Back Country A/T's (overpriced i know, but I got a discount).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just got nearly a foot here in northern Utah, and she handled it just perfectly. I live in a bowl where the roads in and out are fairly steep. A trash truck lost traction coming down, while i was parked on the street. I just put it in 4 low and drove it into the yard. Leaving the same day, it was pretty funny watching Subaru's getting stuck going up the same road, while I had it in 4-hi and the tires didn't even slip. Tires are new Les Schwab Back Country A/T's (overpriced i know, but I got a discount).
Oh jeeze least you dodged the garbage truck. Kinda looking to get a set of general A/Ts for my fronty...just debating on staying at stock size or go to 33s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts