thats a great picture, awesome content and colors/contrast

·
Registered
346 Posts
Such an awesome picture...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
man looking at that picture makes me want to read an awesome article regarding the pic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
GREAT SHOT! looks awsome man!

BTW just so you know (incase you want to submit this somewhere or something) He's actually a chief and thats why he wears the white helmet :)

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
The helmet is white?
I must need my monitor or eyes adjusted.

Nice picture, very sobering I might add.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heh hes not a chief. But your correct, white helmet means chief for that department i believe... im told hes a fire inspector or something by a member of the department.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Awesome shot. Great photojournalism!
Most "command" ranks in FD's have a white or different color helmet from the regular firefighters.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Here's my C/C -

There is some red in the brick that is very un-naturual - it needs to look more brick like ove the course of the entire wall - otherwise it's a great picture!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'll be sure to let the firefighters know next time they have a fire that they need to make sure the brick walls don't crumble because the brick isnt as red as some of it. I'll also try and talk to god to see about the sun rising into the smoke... (the wall came crashing down, exposing newer brick... also the sun was just rising and was trying to get through all the smoke, which is why he appears to be all lit up, when hes just in fact standing in the suns path)

Heres some other shots of it... you can see the "orange smoke" is actually white, but suns trying to shine through:

(yes thats a newscamera guy in the middle with his camera, we all got there before the fire trucks it was real early in the morning)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow that's one ballsy camera guy...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Naw wasnt that scary... whats scary is taking fires a few feet from a florist shop as the whole place is engulfed in flames while helium tanks explode... yeah that was fun, ducking behind a brick wall, lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'll be sure to let the firefighters know next time they have a fire that they need to make sure the brick walls don't crumble because the brick isnt as red as some of it.
way to be a douche bag... It's just critic and critisism and if you can't take some then don't post it up. I do all the marketing and photography work for my company, and do it on the side, and I know what things should look like, how to "fix" images and make them look right, regardless of flaws that are inhereint to taking action photos like that. Keep in mind I don't disagree it's a great shot, just the editting could be improved. The bright red in the bricks is way blown out - You also could have evened up the lighting across the brick to make it look more even and would have ended up with a "better presenting", professional quality picture. But if you don't want to professional critique then thats fine i'll keep my mouth shut...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts