Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow so time has been short so I've been working on the suspension whenever I had the oppourtunity to, and I'm finally done.

So heres the problems I ran into,
1. The factory tire jack broke
2. I had to go to a shop to get the stock ball joints removed.. Yes, I have a pickle fork, I tried for 3 freaking hours to get them broke loose and it wasnt happenin, so once they removed them i just installed the UCA's in the parkin lot lol.
3. Getting the center bolt thru the leaf springs in the rear was no problem, however getting that bolt into the little hole it fits into on top of the axle was a PITA, I wound up figuring out a way to make it go in...I put a 4x4 behind the rear tires and put the truck in reverse without the u bolts installed and tapped on the gas a couple times to get the shackles to extend which put the bolt right in the hole.

Other than that, it was much easier than the body lift, mainly in my opinion because everything was so much easier to access. Re-indexing the torsion bars wasnt as hard as I'd imagined, and I didn't really have a problem getting any of the nuts off with the exception of the front passenger side shock becuz the nut was stripped, no problem tho, nuthin a hand vice grip cant fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
looks good. im plannin on something like this in the future

1 - 2 of 2 Posts