Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can go about finding what gear ratio is in an 05 Titan with the VIN 1N6AA07B45N554091? Do I have to go to the dealer for that info?. I'm thinking about getting the front diff from the truck for my frontier. Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you drive the truck? 70mph at 2000 RPM is 3.36. 70mph at 1800 RPM is 2.94.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I used vindecoderz.com to look up the VIN for Titan I was looking it. The site showed that it did have the Big Tow Package, which is the correct ratio to match a M226 rear diff (3.36). However, I looked up this VIN and the info didn't speak to any options. You can visually check to see if it has the Big Tow Package by seeing if the truck has tow mirrors and a trans temp gauge. You can also pop the cover on the diff and take a look at the ring gear. On the back side it will stamped with the number of teeth of the ring and pinion gears. Something like this, XX - XX. In my case it was 47 - 14.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't drive the truck I had just got a quote for the Front Diff and had asked for the gear ratio from the wrecking yard, they just gave me the VIN for the truck. I'll just email them back and see if the truck has a Trans temp gauge and tow mirrors though. If all else fails I guess I'll swing by the dealership.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I can't drive the truck I had just got a quote for the Front Diff and had asked for the gear ratio from the wrecking yard, they just gave me the VIN for the truck. I'll just email them back and see if the truck has a Trans temp gauge and tow mirrors though. If all else fails I guess I'll swing by the dealership.
I wouldn't trust them based purely off the mirrors and gauge. I'd ask them to pop the cover and send you a pic of the ratio.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't trust them based purely off the mirrors and gauge. I'd ask them to pop the cover and send you a pic of the ratio.

Good Point, Thanks. I'll see if i can get them to pull the diff cover. On a side note is 530 bucks a reasonable price for a diff from a 05 titan with 135K miles?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Good Point, Thanks. I'll see if i can get them to pull the diff cover. On a side note is 530 bucks a reasonable price for a diff from a 05 titan with 135K miles?
Yeah, I think that's reasonable.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think that's reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. You have great truck btw!

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup that's were I saw it! I'm thinking about going the Budget Titan swap with Tundra Strucks and 4runner coils as well, still reading up on this option mind you.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yup that's were I saw it! I'm thinking about going the Budget Titan swap with Tundra Strucks and 4runner coils as well, still reading up on this option mind you.
It's a great budget option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts