Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For over a year I been having problems with the noise from the fan belt and the tensioner as others wrote about. I had this truck in the shop 4 times and they now came out with (I HOPE ) the revamped design for the new tensioner .

The TSB is 06072 and came out in Oct. Nissan told me they would contact me when the part is ready back in Aug. and I was waiting ever since.
I found the TSB just by accident and called them today about this and was told the part has been ready and to call my dealer for install.

Wonder if they were going to call at all.

So any of you with this problem check with you service dept to order the new tensioner and belt.

Codemaster

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Do the parts look like a do it yourselfer? Because damn I hate dropping vehicles off...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i went in for it and mentioned the tsb and just put a new belt on instead of replacing the tensioner. it is working for now but who knows how long it will hold up.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Can you describe the noise? Ive got a slight noise I can hear at idle, but i think I might have gotten mud in a pulley or somethin. I was just sorta hoping this could be it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Good to know. Hope I don't need it, but good to know...:)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
in my particular case it's a squeaking noise (coming from a pulley and/or belt) that sounds like it just needs some lube. unfortunately the lube solution hasn't worked well for any fellow members (with said problem) thus far.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
What vehicles are having the problem? Mine is an 06

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tsb states 05 to07 built before Sept 27 06, frontiers xterra and pathfrs. vin #s are on the tsb all 6cyls. a squeeling or chirping noise from the front of engine, either at start up or during driving ,is the sounds
codemaster

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had my squeaky belt changed early this year. It did it three times for the day on separate occasions. Mine was a September '05 build.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry to bring back an old topic but. would these parts be covered under warrenty or is this like a recall or would i have to pay out of my own pocket for this.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Warrenty.

Its funny that i just saw this thread. I was sitting in the drive through at Burger King today, and I heard the little squeak back again. Oh well. Lease vehicle. Dont feel like getting it fixed again.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Mine was fixed last Spring, new tensioner and belt. '05KC NISMO Fronty
WW

·
Registered
75 Posts
got mine fixed bout a month ago and the squeak is back again just waiting for oil change time to take it back into the dealer they said they replaced the belt and tensioner with the new part

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I haven't heard mine do it. I bought it in April 06.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts