Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had recently done 2 mods, i got a cortex and had a suv muffler welded in with a chrome tip. i already had a k&n and cut stock box. i was driving home last night, and with running the 93oct tune the bottom end is very responsive, so when i leave at a light it takes off pretty quick even if i barely touch the gas. so i leave a light and a guy in an izuzu extended cab "like chevy colorado" was next to me. i took off like i would if there was a cop next to me "not fast at all" but my exhaust is kinda loud and i hear him getting on it a little to try and keep up lol, the next light same thing but that time he hit it as good as he could and passed me while i was still just chillin, it was in town and lots of cops around there so i wasnt going to do anything there. by the time we got out of town there he was about 4 cars behind me when it goes to 1 lane. i see him passing people like a mad man to get up in traffic. when he got behind me he was barreling up to me and right as he got up close i hit it, and pulled away like crazy, i let off at 100 and he was way way back, so i slowed back down to about 65 then he comes flying up and passed me like he was a badass lol. i thought it was rather funny myself...

·
Registered
417 Posts
It is funny until a car turns on the road not seeing you in their check and you plow into them. Driving like that is best left for the track/video games IMHO.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is funny until a car turns on the road not seeing you in their check and you plow into them. Driving like that is best left for the track/video games IMHO.
guess i should have noted that it was'nt in town or around other people when i got on it, it was in the country after we got out of town and nobody was infront of us or on comming, there was only people that were behind me that that he was passing. and i didnt keep it up i just went from 65-100 then right back down.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm all about being safe on the roads, but there are no shortages of buzzkills on this forum!

·
Registered
831 Posts
That's awesome :) heh. I feel ashamed when I see those isuzu badged chevy colorados cause I've driven two true isuzu rodeos and am keeping my current one till it dies, if it even will, I thrash the hell out of that thing and baby it between times (armor all on the dash, some vacuuming... maybe some w-d 40 oh ya know.. )

But I must say I do like the colorado, my girlfriendish has had one for two years, Crew cab short bed and we've taken it on some pretty nasty trails and it holds up great and is a fun ride, has a lack of flex but her and I will be doing some modification soon to my frontier and her colorado to hit the best of the trails.

Glad you're liking your frontier!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What is with some of the people on this forum. I new as soon as I seen this poor guys post, somebody was doing to jump on him quick. I understand people wanting to be safe and yes street racing can be dangerous, but auto/truck forums are suppose to be for auto enthusiasts. Just leave the guy alone.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
nice kill man! just be careful out there and try to avoid street racing. lol i know what its like when somone wants to mess with you and you gotta show them up. beware of some of them colorado/canyon/izuzu thingy, because now they offer them with a 5.3 v8 lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts