Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I'm required to introduce myself before I can post to discussions, so here goes....

Name: Joshua Campbell
Current City: San Antonio
Home of Record: Whiting, Maine
Current Occupation: Software Engineer (3 yr)
Previous Occupation: Army Airborne Medic (10.5 yr), Federal Police (2yr)
Current Vehicles: 95 Pathfinder XE (MT), 01 Frontier SE Crew Cab (AT), 01 TL1000R
Previous Vehicles: 94 Pathfinder SE, 99 TL1000R
Mechanical knowledge: 3/10 (on 4-wheel vehicles)
Mechanical confidence and ability: 7/10

Hello Everyone,

So the 94/95 Pathfinder MT has always been, and still is, my vehicle of choice (amazing machines), but every so often a truck is what you need, and so in that regard I've always loved the look of the Crew Cab Frontiers. The gen 1 Frontiers mind you, not the new ones. I prefer the older machines. I don't need/want airbags, power windows, seat warmers, power locks, annoying seatbelt alarms, backup cameras, etc.. Nor do I want something full of plastic parts (I'll spring for the extra fuel costs). Some enjoy silently riding down the road on a cushion of air, but I enjoy feeling every bump, hearing every creak, and having that sense of feeling throughout my entire body when something is not quite right with the vehicle. I realize this sounds ridiculous, but sometimes it truly does feel like you can form a symbiotic relationship with the older machines that you just can't get with the new ones. In addition to my 95 Pathfinder & 01 Frontier, I purchased a mint 2001 Suzuki TL1000R (bike of choice) a couple years ago. It cost a small fortune since they stopped making them in 03, and it's been a maintenance nightmare since day one (much like this Frontier I picked up last week). But... you love what you love, right? Aside from my affinity for dated machines, I also prefer to keep them bone stock. No aftermarket parts. No bling. No mods, unless it's to fix design flaws (cough.. TL1000R).

So I guess that's me in a nutshell. Being from the North-East I'm pretty sarcastic and thick-skinned, so feel free to speak bluntly around me >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome.
Excellent first post.
And what an immaculate garage.

You had me wondering with the Suzuki TL1000R ...I had to google it...never seen one....its all clear to me now... V-twin production race bike... I like it ....dare to be different !!!

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
Welcome to the club! What a fantastic introduction post!

·
Vendor
2,794 Posts
Hello Joshua, welcome on board! Thanks for joining us and showing your truck - looks great. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Enjoy your time here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts