Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, is it ever really finished??....:nana::laugh:

Took about a week of solid work (close to 60 hours...ugh) but I got it all done finally. Now Band-Aid has some good sounding tunes. Here's the list:

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP -- cheap head, but it works for now, easy upgrade later
Arc Audio XEQ
Arc Audio IDX
Polk DB651 6 1/2" coaxials - front doors
Kicker SSMB8 8" midbass - rear doors
(4) Infinity 1052w 10" dvc subs
Orion Cobalt CO6004 60x4 rms - running highs and mids
Soundstream HR-4 250x4 rms @ 2ohm - running subs
Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4ga power, 16 and 10ga speaker wiring

I built the box so I can still almost fully recline the seats, the back wall is still what stops them. And they go back all the way...but one click....I brain farted and forgot that the carpet was going to bring the box forward :comphead: I gotta go find someplace with a RTA to get a good baseline tune, but it's sounding beautiful even without it!!

I know it loks like crap having the acc. plug hanging out in the front, but I can live with it

Seat reclined, but not pushed all the way back. just about right for a quick nap on the road :)

Still waiting for the speaker grills for the subs

Worlds most beautiful amplifier :):):)

My next step is to build some folding shelves that will hang above the subs. That will give me some stoarge back there for maps, CD's, etc., but I'll be able to fold them up against the back wall when I want to recline and take a nap.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can when I want it too:) With the IDX I have full control over the sub volume from the drivers seat. I've tested it with everything...jazz, classical, techno, rap, metal, etc., and it all sounds great! I doubt I'll be winning any dB drag comps, but I was more concerned with it sounding good.......but still being able to really hurt when needed :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
WOW! that is sweet!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
nice work. those amps are deffinently one of a kind.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys!!

next step is definitly new battery and upgrading the factory wiring. probably adding a second battery in the bed so I drain it and not my main. Did that while camping. Fell asleep with the music on, not loud, but woke up to a dead battery. That really sucks when you are in the middle of the woods, hung over and burnt (had a little incident with the fire) :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What is the deal with the amp cover, did you make that?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the deal with the amp cover, did you make that?
that's actually the way the amp came from Soundstream!! they don't make them like that anymore, I was just lucky enough to find one before they changed the design. you can still get the same amp, it just looks more like a regular amp now

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
From seeing the before pics you sent me and the final result. Im more than pleased to see this completed. That set-up looks killer.

So how many switches are on that pod on the dash Jason. The one underneath the CD player. Like what all does it control ?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So how many switches are on that pod on the dash Jason. The one underneath the CD player. Like what all does it control ?
there's actually two units behind the single cover below the radio. tha't the Arc Audio XEQ and IDX. the XEQ is a 7 band EQ (on top), the IDX is a 3way active crossover (below).

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^wow

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know where you live, how you wired everything, where you park, have a key to your house, your neighbors know me...Thanks for the system!!!! Anyway, 430-500 tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That is a badass looking system. I would do something like that but I can not give up the third seat in my truck. Looks like Ill have to look for a crew cab haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts