Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duh...why didn't we all think of this before?

To disable ABLS, simply turn off VDC.

So simple.

:laugh:

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
embarass me

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And a Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!

· Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
16,306 Posts
should i take a pic of the manual? :laugh:

page 5-32 in my 2007 LE manual:

The ABLS system is always ON unless the system detects brake pad overheating. If high brake pad temperature is detected, it will turn OFF, but normal brake function will continue. ABLS will function even when the VDC system (if so equipped) is turned OFF.

page 5-33, under VDC system:

If the vehicle is operated with the vehicle dynamic control system off using the VDC OFF switch, most VDC functions will be turned off. The VDC system will try to transfer power from a slipping drive wheel to one with more traction when the VDC system switch is OFF. The Slip indicator will flash if wheel spin is detected. The ABS will still operate with the VDC system of

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The ABLS system is always ON unless the system detects brake pad overheating. If high brake pad temperature is detected, it will turn OFF, but normal brake function will continue. ABLS will function even when the VDC system (if so equipped) is turned OFF.

page 5-33, under VDC system:

If the vehicle is operated with the vehicle dynamic control system off using the VDC OFF switch, most VDC functions will be turned off. The VDC system will try to transfer power from a slipping drive wheel to one with more traction when the VDC system switch is OFF. The Slip indicator will flash if wheel spin is detected. The ABS will still operate with the VDC system of
my '08 says the same thing. I'm sure his '05 manual says the same thing too.

· Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
16,306 Posts
my '08 says the same thing. I'm sure his '05 manual says the same thing too.
ye of little faith. maybe, **crosses fingers** just maybe, there is hope of great engineering feats to be unveiled.

· Registered
38 Posts
You guys got me confused!!!! I think on my 2010 with VDC it either disables abls or limits it. I know with VDC off when I have a tire off ground they both spin. And can spin all four in 4hi/4lo. :hi::hi:

· Registered
5,941 Posts
i have no idea on where my manual is. i think its in the garage somewhere.

let me ask you something. look at my post count, look at my posts. WHY would i get on here and tell you something if it wasnt true? why would i tell you that when VDC is off my truck does NOT activate ABLS if it wasnt true? i have nothing to gain by saying it doesnt if it did. ON MY TRUCK, when VDC is ON it activates the slip light, cuts power, and applies the brake to the wheel slipping. with VDC OFF, it does none of that. what do i have to gain buy telling you a lie?

· Registered
755 Posts

I think we just found the key to turning off the ABLS system. If you could trick the brake temp sensors into thinking it was overheating, it would shut off.

· Registered
254 Posts
when i turn vdc off i can do donuts all day long. if it limits... it does a poor job at it. I just tried it out here in the snow no "slip" light ABS still works.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.