Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the site obviously. I have a 2011 suzuki equator sport crew cab.
I really like it. Im hoping I can get some much needed answers on this site.
Dont really know where to post questions yet but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Basically Im curious to know about body parts swapping between the frontier and equator. I know the two were manufactured on the same assembly line. Im especially interested in knowing if the fenders from a frontier would bolt up and line up on an equator. If so is there anything else that would need to be modified or changed to do so? Someone hit my truck and left me holding the bag. Ive been looking around for fenders for my truck and the few I have found cost so much to ship its counterproductive. I have been seeing an abundance of nissan frontier fenders however. They are a lot better priced and if I knew they would fit I'd have already gotten the ball rolling. Its actually more price efficient to buy 2 new primered painted and clear coated frontier fenders matched to my paint code (k12) than it is to buy one used matching fender for the equator. So if anyone knows if the nissan frontier/pathfinder fenders will go on the equator please let me know. Thanks so much.::smile::

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fender swapping between equator & frontier

First, welcome. You might find more info posting in the specific forums. Not many check the Equator one, even us owners.

As for fenders, if you are talking about front fenders, then no. The headlight shape is different than the Frontier. And changing the headlights means changing the grill which means changing the bumper. And as I just discovered installing a light bar, the brackets are a bit different.

Sucks I know. It's the same truck yet it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
More than likely, all the front sheet metal / parts would need to be swapped. Hood, fenders, grill, headlights, bumper and probably some of the internal bracketry.

Do you just need a fender? How bad is the damage?

have you contacted any junkyards to see if they would sell you the "doghouse" off a Frontier? They might be willing to give you a better price if you were taking all the front sheet metal as a pile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Middle Tennessee Mountaineer,

Thank you. Yes, I was talking about the front fenders.

shizzy,

havent seen a frontier or equator within 100 milles in any junkyard. im in the south. people only scrap cars that are completely DONE. There wont be anything usable left on it by the time it hits pull a part/other places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not that bad as far as dents go. It looked like someone caught it with a tail light. Its my driver side fender. Only the fender has damage. But its deep enough that it has some parts of the inner edge bowing and I wont be simply popping it out. Ya know? Not so bad but bad enough. I was just thinking about the nissan fenders because on ebay i can get a primered painted and clear coated nissan fender shipped to me for 190 vs with a used suzuki fender costing 150 for the fender then an additional 250 or better to ship it. See what I mean? Plus Id have to have it painted when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Where are you looking? Have you tried Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Side note on the getting one painted the code and bolting it on. Even with the paint code, it is not going to match. I'd give you a 99% chance of the color being off. When you have a body panel repaired at a body shop, they actually blend out the new paint on to an existing panel so it tricks your eye in to not seeing any slight color variation which you will always have (especially with a silver like your truck) with new paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I have looked on there. Thats probably the route I will end up going with, Ive also come across some new suzuki fenders on https://suzukiautomotiveparts.com/ for about 350 with shipping, but then id still need to match the paint up. Yeah, I know what you mean about the degrading of paint over the years. Thats why if I can find one thats the same year I'll go that route. It wont be exactly the same, but itll be close enough. Do you have any experience purchasing things through Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market ? Just curious. And thank you again.

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
i traveled down this road a couple years ago. a simple fender swap to repair your damaged fender is a no go. the design around the headlight is different.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Seems to make sense to repair existing fender.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant afford it. I'm on disability and live on about 750 a month. My mother passed away a few years ago, and my father is currently in the hospital with a recent heart surgery that lead to a stroke which lead to almost complete paralysis on one side, with swallowing and breathing problems which has meant ive been spending all my time between driving, the hospital, and handling his affairs as I am his only living heir. I've talked with a few shops in the area and to fix and repaint it will run anywhere from 700-1100 bucks. if i pay that i starve. the used fender hunt continues. thanks. take it light.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hunter, I don't know where you are located in Louisiana but Lester's Body Shop in Covington has always given me great prices. When I used to live in Lafayette, Bobby's Paint & Body shop had reasonable prices as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts