Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Update? You've had plenty of time. Ima gonna tell your mama.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Flares are at my post office, but I won't be back in town, to get them, until tomorrow or maybe Saturday

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Got the flares and put them on this morning......all I can say is that it was a job and a half. These flares are fiberglass, and i'm not sure why, but i thought they weren't. Anyway fitment was not great, either the Navara has smaller wheel arch openings, or the molds are wrong (I'm going to go with differences in the trucks).
The fronts were the most work, but I knew that going in (I thought because of the bumper, but there was more to deal with). I had to use spacers at the bottom, because the flares are about 1" - 1.5" narrower at the bottom of the arch, and I couldn't screw them flat to the fender without a spacer between the fender and the flare. If I installed them from the inside edge of the flare, it would have left about a .5" - 1" gap between the fender and the flare, so I had to push it in to make a tight fit, and I'm guessing the flare now only extends about 1" - 1.5" instead of 2". There was a bit of trimming to do for the bumper and the crease in the flare, for the body line in the Navara, doesn't line up with our bumper, but I'll probably fill it if I rhino line the flares.

The backs fit the same, but I didn't have to do any trimming. Same thing with the space and having to push them in past the edge of the flare, making them only extend the same 1" - 1.5" instead of 2".
My biggest problem with the back, was that there was a filler block, to take up the space where I'm imagining the gas door is on the short bed, NOT IMPRESSED, total fail in my opinion.

The flares look great out of the box, but in my opinion, they need a lot of fine tuning to be a direct fit for a Frontier.
I've used Bushwackers on a few of my trucks, and they always fit the shape of the truck perfectly, these were close, but not close enough for me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Pictures... please? From your description they sound like a lot of trouble. But we all need fender flares to get rid of our wimpy 35's and finally get some 37's. Did you do the fitting yourself. Or with professional help?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Here we go
This is about how much space there is in the front and back of each flare
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376864882.882313.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376864912.630518.jpg
The way the Navara body line matches up with the chrome bumper
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376864997.248370.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865070.731197.jpg
The gas door filler
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865110.790075.jpg

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
And some side views
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865418.878826.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865430.772293.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865485.662370.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865498.899759.jpg
And finally, nothing would fit without this
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865544.166275.jpg

The finished product isn't bad, I really wish I could have gotten the full 2" coverage, but it wasn't possible to get 2" and a tight fit against the fender. Something else I didn't mention, is that there are no mounting points, you have to find metal to screw to, on your own.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I had the JC Whitney rubber fender extenders before this
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1376865931.258080.jpg
And they close up the opening, because of the way they curve down/in, so I did free up a little space, and the coverage extends to the bottom of the bumper and fender, which I didn't have before. One of my main reasons for wanting these, Is to stop dirt from spraying all over the sides of my truck, coming down my 700', partially dirt, driveway when it's wet (hard to keep the truck clean) I've always liked the look of flares too, but I also wanted to cover my tires better, and I think I did that, with these flares.
The fit isn't perfect, but if you're patient and careful with your cutting, and you fasten them well, I think they'll be ok, but definitely takes some work to fit them.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I found these a few months ago. Trying to get in contact with the seller now. They are pricey, but I think they are the best flares I have seen for our trucks. They are supposedly 5 inches wide, but near as I can tell because of where they mount, they offer 3 inches of extra coverage. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Can't believe I missed these. I think they're my favorite so far. Any update? Post-up or PM if you know what's up with these?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Can't believe I missed these. I think they're my favorite so far. Any update? Post-up or PM if you know what's up with these?
These are nice, I don't know if I would have spent the money on them, but I like the way they look, and 3" of extra coverage is exactly what I was looking for......if that turns out to be a finished measurement for a frontier. I also didn't see an option for a long bed, seems like most flares don't have a long bed option.

·
Registered
178 Posts
jski701, I really like those Jungle flares! It's a shame they aren't a better fit, and have the "gas filler plug". On my truck, some enamel has peeled off my "upper bumper cover" below the turn signal. I also have a lot of rock chips on my rocker panels and leading edges of the rear fenders. Unlike other flares I have seen, the Jungle flares would cover the missing enamel as well as protect for rock chips after repairing them. I would then spray bedliner on the rocker panels between the fenders. Even with the extra install work, they may be worth in in my case. (other option: expensive body-shop appointment and some problems after)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Came across this option some may like some won t apparently 5 inch wider
http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/Nissan/005607.jpg
That looks beautiful but I can't imagine it turning out like the picture without a lot of work. Correct me if I'm wrong but those are likely full fiberglass replacements for the panels? They look smooth like butter in that picture. So smooth it's going to take some magic hands to get there. Do you have a link to a retailer?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check bushwacker out.
Bushwacker - Fender Results
I know there was a thread about this somewhere....
Does anyone know where i can get fender flares for a king cab? I love the riveted look, but it looks like these only fit Crew Cabs... I have been searching quite a bit and all I can find are fender flares that fit the 5 foot bed/crew cab models. If anyone can tell me where to get riveted flares for my 06 king cab i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That looks beautiful but I can't imagine it turning out like the picture without a lot of work. Correct me if I'm wrong but those are likely full fiberglass replacements for the panels? They look smooth like butter in that picture. So smooth it's going to take some magic hands to get there. Do you have a link to a retailer?
Hers the link

Nissan Navara D40 full body kit, full body kit Nissan Navara D40, replacement full body kit Nissan Navara D40

this is manufacturer looks good quality ,should be for price

http://ibherdesign.pt/tgoo/product/92/Kit_Aerodinamico_Nissan_Navara_D40_DC_EL_PASO_WIDE/

With new bumper and grill

http://jkautospares.co.uk/images/pr...ngier_wide_front_bumper_101603_1327677956.jpg

http://www.tuning-in.eu/nissan-nava...-bumper-tangier-wide-made-by-ibherdesign.html

That s about it im done

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
This one has no seam between the fenders and the upper bumper piece. I'm guessing that is either accomplished using Photoshop or they fiberglassed it. Either way I would steer clear. Photoshop means they didn't like the appearance enough to try to sell the real thing and fiberglass would mean there is no way to remove the fenders or upper bumper cover in the future and probably means the fit wasn't good enough to just install them without additional work. It does look good in the pic though.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I just sent an email to Thailand asking for a price quote. Shipping will probably kill any chances of me buying them, though.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts