Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was just curious if anyone has or had the Bushwacker fenders. Im thinking about purchasing them but not too sure yet, and if you had some pics that would be great too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Don't have them on my Frontier but have had them on my three previous trucks.
Have had no problems with them except for the occasional repainting.
I thought they were over priced in 1983 but the price has not gone up since then.

Reactions: PenguinBoy808

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I bought a set, waiting to install for the Hefty to arrive. I did a temp install with tape, just to see how they'll fit, they look nice. about 1/2 or a bit more extra coverage. search (amazon or otherwise) Bushwacker 71907-02. That gets you a set that does NOT use factory mudflaps.

If you are just looking for tire coverage and want to have some flaps still, take a look at Huskyliners. LongJohn flaps & LongJohn flares

After the bumper arrives & gets hung ( about a week) I'll post up pics.

Another thing to consider (that I didn't before buying) is if you want to run larger tires... if you have to trim sheetmetal from the rear corner of the fender the bushwackers may cause an issue... We'll see in the spring...

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have them. Easy enough to install. The metal trimming you may be talking about is the pinch weld behind the wheel well liner. You can hammer that over and flatten it. Then do the melt mod on the liner. Using a heat gun get it good and soft. Use something to hold it back until it cools. I used a football.
As for the white truck in the above pics, I don't know if the front flairs were modified to use the stock flaps. As far as I know they're not designed to use the flaps.
Good luck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,895 Posts
I would have been all over these if they didn't have the pretend rivet/fastner things on the outside

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I was on the bushwacker website pricing/reading when I noticed that the descriptions of the fenders states that it only fits the model with the chrome front bumpers :frown:

·
Premium Member
6,895 Posts
So I was on the bushwacker website pricing/reading when I noticed that the descriptions of the fenders states that it only fits the model with the chrome front bumpers :frown:
C'mon man, if you looked at the other threads in the forum about the Bushwackers, you'd have read that you can use them on one-piece bumpers. You just have to remove the tab that normally slides between the metal bumper and upper fascia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts