Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....last weekend, I picked up a set of snow tires (nokian hakkapellita...sp?) with about 80% tread. Cool beans, I figured, great snow tires.
The best part...or so I thought... was that they were already mounted up on a set of Xterra wheels.

Welp, I know now that the lug spacing on my 01 Fronty (5.5 inches) is a tad...erm...bigger than the lug spacing (4.5 inches) on those Xterra wheels.

It honestly didn't occur to me that they would be different, nor that I should do anything silly, like research.
The snow tires will fit the OEM wheels, so it's not a complete loss...mostly.

But yeah.
Feelin' kinda dumb now.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well depending on what wheels they are.. you might be able to sell them easily. I like a lot of the Nissan wheels compared to other stock wheels. If they had a better offset I’d put nice tires on mine and use them. Don’t sweat it!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Tell me more about these adapters. I'm intrigued.
This link is just so you can see what I'm talking about. I don't which size you would need but I personally wouldn't go bigger than 1.25"....unless you like the look of the ridiculous super wide stance.
If you do choose to go with adapters I highly recommend that you dish out for a known high quality product that truly has high quality wheel studs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that idea. I hate to think I laid out cash for wheels I can't use, and the cost (in my area) of swapping the tires from one wheel to another would make the adapters an appealing solution. I'll see what I can find in the 5.5 to 4.5 neighborhood. Thanks much for that pointer!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have stock fronty wheels I need to get rid of, happen to be near Colorado?! They're in the boxes my new wheels came in so could be shipped I guess, but cost is probably prohibitive...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have stock fronty wheels I need to get rid of, happen to be near Colorado?! They're in the boxes my new wheels came in so could be shipped I guess, but cost is probably prohibitive...
I'm in the Seattle area, sadly. Cost would be really big, I think..

·
Registered
481 Posts
ahhhh you got 2nd gen rims. No Bueno. Wheels from around the 2000-2004 Era from Colorado, Canyon, Isuzu Rodeo & Amigo, and of course 1st Gen Frontiers and Xterras will work. I believe the older Pathfinder wheels will work too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in the Seattle area, sadly. Cost would be really big, I think..
Yeah and they're barely worth anything, would be perfect for a snow tire situation but that's about it. I guess that's how I need to market them to try to get rid of 'em lol
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhhh you got 2nd gen rims. No Bueno. Wheels from around the 2000-2004 Era from Colorado, Canyon, Isuzu Rodeo & Amigo, and of course 1st Gen Frontiers and Xterras will work. I believe the older Pathfinder wheels will work too.
I hadn't considered any of this when I got them. I figured they'd stayed the same. Oops? :LOL:
I know better now. I'll get some spacers ordered this weekend, and be done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts