Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....last weekend, I picked up a set of snow tires (nokian hakkapellita...sp?) with about 80% tread. Cool beans, I figured, great snow tires.
The best part...or so I thought... was that they were already mounted up on a set of Xterra wheels.

Welp, I know now that the lug spacing on my 01 Fronty (5.5 inches) is a tad...erm...bigger than the lug spacing (4.5 inches) on those Xterra wheels.

It honestly didn't occur to me that they would be different, nor that I should do anything silly, like research.
The snow tires will fit the OEM wheels, so it's not a complete loss...mostly.

But yeah.
Feelin' kinda dumb now.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well depending on what wheels they are.. you might be able to sell them easily. I like a lot of the Nissan wheels compared to other stock wheels. If they had a better offset I’d put nice tires on mine and use them. Don’t sweat it!

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,182 Posts
Tell me more about these adapters. I'm intrigued.
This link is just so you can see what I'm talking about. I don't which size you would need but I personally wouldn't go bigger than 1.25"....unless you like the look of the ridiculous super wide stance.
If you do choose to go with adapters I highly recommend that you dish out for a known high quality product that truly has high quality wheel studs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that idea. I hate to think I laid out cash for wheels I can't use, and the cost (in my area) of swapping the tires from one wheel to another would make the adapters an appealing solution. I'll see what I can find in the 5.5 to 4.5 neighborhood. Thanks much for that pointer!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have stock fronty wheels I need to get rid of, happen to be near Colorado?! They're in the boxes my new wheels came in so could be shipped I guess, but cost is probably prohibitive...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have stock fronty wheels I need to get rid of, happen to be near Colorado?! They're in the boxes my new wheels came in so could be shipped I guess, but cost is probably prohibitive...
I'm in the Seattle area, sadly. Cost would be really big, I think..

·
Registered
759 Posts
ahhhh you got 2nd gen rims. No Bueno. Wheels from around the 2000-2004 Era from Colorado, Canyon, Isuzu Rodeo & Amigo, and of course 1st Gen Frontiers and Xterras will work. I believe the older Pathfinder wheels will work too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the Seattle area, sadly. Cost would be really big, I think..
Yeah and they're barely worth anything, would be perfect for a snow tire situation but that's about it. I guess that's how I need to market them to try to get rid of 'em lol
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhhh you got 2nd gen rims. No Bueno. Wheels from around the 2000-2004 Era from Colorado, Canyon, Isuzu Rodeo & Amigo, and of course 1st Gen Frontiers and Xterras will work. I believe the older Pathfinder wheels will work too.
I hadn't considered any of this when I got them. I figured they'd stayed the same. Oops? :LOL:
I know better now. I'll get some spacers ordered this weekend, and be done with it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah and they're barely worth anything, would be perfect for a snow tire situation but that's about it. I guess that's how I need to market them to try to get rid of 'em lol
Thanks
If they're the ones in your photo (nice looking truck btw) I'd love to have just one of them to replace the Spare wheel to one that matches the rest. I love these wheels.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If they're the ones in your photo (nice looking truck btw) I'd love to have just one of them to replace the Spare wheel to one that matches the rest. I love these wheels.
Yeah it's those stock 6-spoke wheels I'm talking about. I don't really want to split the set as of yet. As little as 4 of them are worth 3 would be worth...less...Haha. You in Colorado?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah it's those stock 6-spoke wheels I'm talking about. I don't really want to split the set as of yet. As little as 4 of them are worth 3 would be worth...less...Haha. You in Colorado?
Tennessee. I'd have to check the shipping cost to see if it'd be worth paying it or just keep hunting for one locally.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Between the shipping cost and not wanting to split the set I'd say keep looking locally. I haven't even posted them yet but if I do and struggle selling the set I'll check in and see if you are still looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts