Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed today that when I make very slight turns with the wheel that it feels like something is rubbing somewhere.
At first I thought my tires were rubbing the fender but at the minimal amount I was turning the wheel there is absolutely no way that is possible.
There are no noises associated with this, I will double-check tomorrow with the hood up though.

Anyone ever encountered something like this before?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Did you put the steering extension in?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Did you get the body from A/C or did you do the DYI?

If you did the DYI, you should have loose the steering shaft so it would extended when you are lifting the body up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have never read anybody doing this for a 2" body lift. Please let us know if this is necessary.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,997 Posts
i didnt loosen the bolts, didnt add an extension and have no rubbing regarding the steering shaft. to the op - i would seriously have a look at the inner fender wells

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I guess it didn't disappear.
I noticed something today, I hear rubbing when I turn the wheel even minimally. Something is squeaking, looks like I am going to have to take a peek under the hood once the sun starts going down.
It does this even when not moving and I confirmed that the tire is NOT touching any part of the fender.

It seems to be that I hear it when I turn the wheel but I feel it in the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have your answer!! Exact same thing my truck did after 2 inch body lift. What your feeling is the rubber, seal/bumper on the steering shaft. Look under your dash, where the steering column goes through th fire wall, you'll see this seal, all smashed and waded up un the bottom the the steering shaft. This is what is giving you th fed back in the steering wheel. Grease the shlt out of it between the shaft and the seal, and life will be good my friend!

Let us know how it turns out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts