Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a part for my truck off a member of this forum. Paid about $300 and used Paypal (goods and services). The member sends the item via Fed ex and gives me a tracking number. Fed ex claims to have delivered the package on a Saturday. I was not home at the time but was there 2 hours later. Wasn't in immediate need for the part so did not keep track of tracking, and did not know that a packaged was delivered till Monday morning (I am not on the web much on the weekends). I am fairly certain the package never arrived at my house. Not much chance of anyone stealing it. Look around my house, ask a few neighbors: nothing. Start a case with fed ex, the drive looks around and says he remembers dropping it off (don't they ALWAYs say that).

As you might have guessed, the claim filed with fed ex says that I am SOL cause they have on their tracking app delivered and the signature required option was not used. The shipper paid for insurance, but again that is for while in transit and since it is delivered they are not honoring the insurance.

From my research in most cases such as this Fedex delivered to on of my neighbors. But so far (4 weeks) no one has dropped it off at my house. We don't get fed ex deliveries very often.

What should I do next?
Advice?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me. As it turned out, it was mistakenly delivered to a house a few blocks away. For whatever reason, the people at the house that accepted my delivery didn't bother to deliver the package to me for six months.
So yes, I think FedUp delivered your package to the wrong house and FedUp won't accept responsibility since THEIR records show it was delivered to you.
You are SOL, but I would cruise your neighborhood for a house with the same numbers or transposed numbers as your house..give a knock on the door. Tahoe is confusing to find addresses.
Otherwise you are SOL.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had this issue when I order a switch from ottattawawaw. Except it was the post office. I called them and got them too check the GEOLOCATION. It'll show where it was scanned deliver. That's how they found it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the exact same thing happen to me. As it turned out, it was mistakenly delivered to a house a few blocks away. For whatever reason, the people at the house that accepted my delivery didn't bother to deliver the package to me for six months.
So yes, I think FedUp delivered your package to the wrong house and FedUp won't accept responsibility since THEIR records show it was delivered to you.
You are SOL, but I would cruise your neighborhood for a house with the same numbers or transposed numbers as your house..give a knock on the door. Tahoe is confusing to find addresses.
Otherwise you are SOL.
I went to my neighbors already. The drive said that he went to a few other address. Fed ex doesn't do too many deliveries to my neighborhood.

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
^ same issue here. It was either geolocation or the drivers memory, but they figured out they dropped it off at the same house number, but wrong street, 2 streets over. The homeowner had already taken it inside, but we rang their door bell after Fed ex called them, and they gave it to us.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That sucks. There's been a rash of front porch package thefts around here Lately (Houston suburbs). Some people have camera footage of it & the thieves are astonishingly quick, your neighbors wouldn't have even noticed.

·
Premium Member
6,399 Posts
^ same issue here. It was either geolocation or the drivers memory, but they figured out they dropped it off at the same house number, but wrong street, 2 streets over. The homeowner had already taken it inside, but we rang their door bell after Fed ex called them, and they gave it to us.
I would press FedEx a little more. I had a similar issue a few years ago. I had the person tell me the address it was delivered to, and then I had them call the driver. Sure enough he delivered it to 925 and my address and the address is 929... had to walk to the building next door and there sat my package. I've also had packages dropped don my steps that were for a few houses down or a block over.

So what do you think about contesting the tansaction with paypal.
I'd again push FedEx a little more first.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yesterday I went over to a house with the same # as mine several blocks away. Knocked on the door but no one was home. Left a message.

I am going to call fedex today. The shipper is suppose to make the claim. The shipper has already spent alot of time dealing with fedex, always ending up without resolution.

·
Registered
271 Posts
they scan the packaages for a reason.. it should geo tag them with a location its dropped off at.

i had a box from UPS get mis delivered. it had 2 shoeis, a star tech 10s, full set of TLD gear so needless to say i was not happy. called UPS they said it will take 7-10 days to ping it and find where it was dropped.

i emails [email protected] [email protected] and some other random emails i made up and all of a sudden i get a call from someone high up there saying it was all incorrect and that he will get to the bottom of it and call me back. about an hour later he calls back saying they tracked the GPS and called the driver who was able to go back to the address it was dropped off at and grab it to drop it off with me.

sometimes emailing [email protected] and [email protected] gets emails to people who can make stuff happen. make sure the email is professional talking about how you enjoy using them and you understand mistakes happen but would like some resolution and are not geting help at the local level or by customer service and its causing a very negative experience etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

happened to me recently, a new guy at UPS try to deliver a package at a wrong address 3 times .
we have a 1 family house , he tried to deliver to a building !!!!!
we were in contact with a someone at UPS who did not understand the pb !!!

got it the 4th time.

since , bought a security camera system to see whats happening at the door !!!

·
Super Moderator
11,273 Posts
Yesterday I went over to a house with the same # as mine several blocks away. Knocked on the door but no one was home. Left a message.

I am going to call fedex today. The shipper is suppose to make the claim. The shipper has already spent alot of time dealing with fedex, always ending up without resolution.
I wouldn't hold my breath on them to call, go back there.
My son lost hiss wallet and someone found it and everything was still there but the numb nuts took over a week to find the time to make contact, AFTER everything was cancelled and license etc. replaced. The guy was very nice but my son wanted to beat him, he said it would have been better if it stayed gone as he went through hell to get it all redone. The guy said " I was just busy"

Clint

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
bend over.
And look for the package in all the low places?::wink::

Spoke with Fed ex today. Looks like the only person that can contest the decision on the claim is the shipper. The receiver can not do ANYTHING. Guess I'll have to contact DUDE again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fedex delivers large packages on a Saturday?
In our are they do not (we might be a smaller town than yours) and only drop off Next Day Air large envelopes and do not deliver any large boxes or packages. I would ask the person who shipped it to you to really press them cause if they do not they will not take it seriously since they think they scanned it out of their system. We get all the stuff from our neighbor's house and they get ours too since the house numbers are the same. Good luck to you.~Richard

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This is precisely why I avoid fedex and the us postal service if possible. They both are unreliable and their personnel shady folk.

·
Premium Member
6,399 Posts
I know it's after the fact, but this is why I have any package that will not fit in my mailbox shipped to my work address. There is someone in the shipping department from 5 am until 8pm and both the FedEx and UPS guy are the same guy every day so I have had a 99% success rate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts