Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the first oil change in my 16 Pro-4x, I'm doing it earlier than spec in order to clear out any possible initial wear.

Planning to use a dino 5-30, interested in hearing what other owners have had success with.

Thanks, Matt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are only a few oil manufacturers in existence. The difference between the brands is the additive packages. Just stick to a high volume popular brand and grab whatever is on sale, you will be fine. I typically run Penzoil or Valvoline but most are just as good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting comment re oil manufacturers and additive packs. I've heard something similar to that a few times, but never anything conclusive. Any info on which brands are rebrands, what the differences are between additive packs and what advantage/disadvantage there are to them?

·
Registered
520 Posts
X6 on the add pack stuff. Just buy Pennzoil Platinum Syn and run 5K intervals, better protection, less changes same money!

·
Registered
216 Posts
When it comes to Dino oil, I am in the Castrol GTX camp but I have used Valvoline also. I am pretty much a synthetic user now due to short trips and high ambient temperature. Even in Synthetic I most often get the Castrol Edge.

Reactions: briman4031
1 - 9 of 9 Posts