Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this pic from a friend in Beaumont TX. Figured she deserved a final farewell.

Sent from my Typewriter using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awe man... That's so sad. The flooding down there is insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Came across this pic from a friend in Beaumont TX. Figured she deserved a final farewell.

Sent from my Typewriter using Tapatalk
I've been watching this unfold since Sunday. I've seen a few frontiers and titans that have drown, but there have been a few I've seen pulling boats from one freeway boat ramp to another or launching boats.

And BTW, that isn't my truck. its sitting safely in Oklahoma.

·
Admin
3,282 Posts
Very sad. Fronty is all alone out there too.

Best wishes to everyone in the affected area.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bummer! Too bad they didn't get up on the bank sooner. That storm claimed a lot of vehicles, and continues still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was going to post a new thread, but maybe i'll try here. At what height does water become a problem for a stock height frontier? assuming its standing water not with a current. I know at diff height you'd want to change fluids and such, but at what height would water in the intake be an issue?

·
Super Moderator
19,660 Posts
I was going to post a new thread, but maybe i'll try here. At what height does water become a problem for a stock height frontier? assuming its standing water not with a current. I know at diff height you'd want to change fluids and such, but at what height would water in the intake be an issue?
The ECM is mounted low on my 06. It would be subjected to water if only half the wheels were submerged. Depending on what kind of water you're dealing with, some insurance companies would total the truck.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
As a result of flooding, hucksters often appear afterward to buy partially drowned vehicles. They'll shine 'em up and sell them to unsuspecting buyers. Events along the Gulf coast will bring thousands of these to market.

Yes, sad indeed to see that Frontier. :-(

·
Super Moderator
19,660 Posts
As a result of flooding, hucksters often appear afterward to buy partially drowned vehicles. They'll shine 'em up and sell them to unsuspecting buyers. Events along the Gulf coast will bring thousands of these to market.

Yes, sad indeed to see that Frontier. :-(
They usually have tell tale signs of water submersion if you peel back the carpet and padding on the back side of the firewall. Many unsuspecting buyers would not do that.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I have friends that are insurance adjusters. If water gets into the cab, they total them. Too many problems with the electronics.

Just want to add. Donate a few bucks if you can. Red Cross will accept as low as $10 through the Internet.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Hey fireman, my cousin, well actually my mom's cousin's kid was a paramedic with the LAFD. He went to help Katrina victim. His wife gave us daily reports. Almost became a victim himself with all the chemicals in the flood waters.
Thanks for all that you do.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was living in New Orleans when Katrina hit. Was able, fortunate and smart enough to evacuate before the storm hit. I returned as soon as the city opened up to assess my personal losses, which were miniscule compared to the lives lost and generational homes destroyed. I wish that on no one. Hoping for a speedy recovery in Houston. From what I have heard, the Red Cross is the most effective way to help financially. Thanks for bringing that up Whistler.

Saw this guy on Wired.com

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts