Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a blinking red L.E.D. light and switch (pic 2) to hopefully fool would be theives. I've done this to my last couple'a vehicles and it's an inexpensive easy deterent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice idea!

Buuutt, prolly deters crim-nals as much as the OE blinking red lights do.

·
Registered
923 Posts
what does the switch do turn the light on and off when you want it to flash or stay off?

·
Registered
855 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did the same thing with my truck. Except the decoy is located near the top left of the front windshield the light is blue. With me though the alarm worked at first but then i started having problems with it so i disabled it but the blinking light still works so i just left it like that.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
hmm, my LE came with an alarm so I guess I don't need one of those.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Now doesn't that defeat the purpose telling us? So I just cruise to Maryland and look for a frontier with a blinking light in the blank switch :laugh:

My poor truck came with the vehicle disarming stuff... so it already has a goofy blinking light in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can leave that LED on for a long time and not drain the battery (probably a few weeks/months) The switch is to turn it on & off. I ran a single wire over to the fuse box and grounded it to a nearby dash bolt. I did think twice about telling you guys but figured you could keep a secret......so don't let me down. If anyone wants the specs, let me know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
video

Here's the video of the L.E.D. blinking. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
except now all the criminals can read your post about a fake LED light and will know better
Im afraid so. One thing though, i dont think they know who their gonna mess with if they even dare.

Here's the video of the L.E.D. blinking. Enjoy!
Saw the video. It reminds me of the terminator in T2 when he gets stabbed by the T1000 shortly after he gets into standby mode with that same blinking red light located in the cortex of his eye.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<Saw the video. It reminds me of the terminator in T2>

Pretty funny. :laugh:

<why did you decide to mount the switch where you did? seems there's so many other better spots out of the way.>

Partly due to convenience and actually it is hard to notice there.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts