Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for some insight on what would be a fair price for a frontier from a dealership.

The truck I'm looking at is a 2012 SV king cab with a 6 speed manual.

It's got a few add on's but not listed is it needs:
Front brakes and rotors
Tires
Front wheel bearing

Is what they're asking fair given the current market?

If it helps, this truck is in fair condition for KBB

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I looked it up on true car for your area and it said that was a excellent price. You can do more research and check other websites.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But does true car take into account the $2,000 in repairs per the dealership? I've never used them for pricing.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have no idea. You will have to do your own homework. Call the dealership and find out. You have to do the work.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If you are dead set on this truck I would negotiate them fixing everything before the sale and to add to list a wheel alignment. Also see if they will offer any type of warranty or is it as is. Looks like some suspension mods have been done.

i would pass on this one. Looks a little rough from the pictures with the front bumper and real tail light being damaged. Did you crawl underneath and look at the frame? Most independent auto mechanics will charge a small fee to look over the truck before you purchase it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm getting about $8300 using CarGurus for your area. Whatever repairs the truck requires for safety do not add value regardless of how much they cost. I'm also not a fan of dealers listing some outrageous "retail" price to make it look like a big discount.

If this truck was completely stock, I'd say $9,000 is a fair deal. The interior is in much better shape than I would expect. That said, I'll also pass based on the lift kit and dent. It's enough to tell me that this thing has probably been driven to within an inch of it's life. If you really want it, you'll have to convince yourself otherwise. Most likely, this truck belongs on Craigslist with the de rigueur all caps phrases ($4000 IN MODS, RUNS AND DRIVES PERFECT, CREAMPUFF, NO SCAMMERS OR LOWBALLERS, I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT DONT WAIST MY TIME).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts