Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like the guys over on thenewx are having some really good results with this stuff: New Product for Stealthing your plastics! - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Product link: Flynn's Detail Products - Automotive Waxes, Polishes and Detergents
Don't do a google search for the product unless you are interested in purchasing crotchless panties from Amazon :lol:

The bottle is 16oz, good price for it!

Just Blactastic'd my X this weekend....and lemme tell ya....she looks HOT! The pics don't really do Blacktastic justice...pics look nice, but it looks much better in person!Blacktastic pictures by gfdtruckie - Photobucket

Some teaser pics (I did the roof bin as well, but don't have any close-up pics of it)

·
Registered
643 Posts
do they ship to canada?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I have a question about it, how long does it last? I was going to just paint mine, as we all know the 1st gen have lots of plastic, and I would rather not do that.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have a question about it, how long does it last? I was going to just paint mine, as we all know the 1st gen have lots of plastic, and I would rather not do that.
Check the Xterra thread that I linked, a few of them have had it on for a while. There is a 2nd thread on thenewx that has more pics.
This isn't like back2black that will just wash off.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I used Mother's Back to black. It's not tinted at all, and is for all unpainted exterior matte plastics of any color. It really brought back my front bumper, the plastic under the wipers, the plastic on the rear bumper, and the tailgate handle area. Literally it looks new again.

I did it wrong though, I applied it sparingly once and left it - the directions say to apply it liberally and rub it in, let it dry then come back with a clean cloth and buff it in.... so I may be re-doing it soon.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I used Mother's Back to black. It's not tinted at all, and is for all unpainted exterior matte plastics of any color. It really brought back my front bumper, the plastic under the wipers, the plastic on the rear bumper, and the tailgate handle area. Literally it looks new again.

I did it wrong though, I applied it sparingly once and left it - the directions say to apply it liberally and rub it in, let it dry then come back with a clean cloth and buff it in.... so I may be re-doing it soon.
^^^ X2 - I just used this stuff yesterday for the first time after a wash and wax and it made the wiper cowl look like I just bought the truck.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've used something similar to Back2Black. It lasts a few months and then needs another application. I have always followed the directions on the bottle as described above and gotten these results.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Back to Black is good for touch ups, it doesn't last. I used Krylon for plastic on my cowl and it turned out great on my 07.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
X3 on the Back to Black.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just got some Poor Boys Trim Restore (available at Autogeek) and so far have fantastic results. Best part you can use on the grey trim as well. It has been on the truck about 2 weeks and my cowl still has deep black look to it. Not to mention its been through 2 heavy rains and the product has not ran off.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Take a good look at the pictures in that link over at TNX.
Most of them showing the Blacktastic product it looks "smeary" to me. Dunno?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
so is the general consensus here to paint the effected parts or use back to black. i just returned from a 10 day vacation to find my wiper cowl severely faded. now we had 100+ heat here for about 5 of those days.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so is the general consensus here to paint the effected parts or use back to black. i just returned from a 10 day vacation to find my wiper cowl severely faded. now we had 100+ heat here for about 5 of those days.
Just depends on if you want to take everything apart to paint it or just wipe something on. I wouldn't use back to black either, I prefer something that lasts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Get a different product other than back to black. Plenty of others mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i used krylon for plastic. worked awesome. it's been through 5 car washes and doesn't have a single scratch. for the hell of it i sprayed some brake clean on it after a week to see if it really does bond, and it did.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts