Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do not have the tow package on my 06 nismo. i want to get the flat 4 prong trailer connector, like what is on boat trailers, and many other small trailers. i was reading the posts here on club frontier and i understand i need to get some relays and all that good stuff. i went to my dealer and they want 50 bucks for the pair of relays and 25 for the pigtail in the back. does anyone know of any aftermarket companys that i could get this cheeper from? or perhaps even an online source?? THANKS!!!

-CH

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I paid about $40.00 bucks for a 4 wire harness kit from the Dealer & it included the pigtail relays & relay harness.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frontier2 said:
I paid about $40.00 bucks for a 4 wire harness kit from the Dealer & it included the pigtail relays & relay harness.
you wouldnt by chance have the part number(s) for the setup would you?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
livin_loud said:
Frontier2 said:
you wouldnt by chance have the part number(s) for the setup would you?

Check out Courtesy Parts.com they have them for $46.55 Part # 999T8-D404P

·
Registered
338 Posts
trailer harness

i have a factory harness in the box. i'll take 35 dollars shipped.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
according to the threads iv read on here, there is a differnce between auto and manual. it has something to do with the relays. mine is an auto, so i dont htink it will work. if you can find evidence to prove otherwize, let me know

·
Registered
224 Posts
livin_loud said:
according to the threads iv read on here, there is a differnce between auto and manual. it has something to do with the relays. mine is an auto, so i dont htink it will work. if you can find evidence to prove otherwize, let me know
The factory harness kit comes with relays for both manual and auto applications. The manual application uses one more relay than the auto. If he sends you everything, you'll have what you need.

The installation is pretty straightforward and instructions are posted here

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Mercha...n=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=999T8-D407P

- Greg -

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frontier2 said:
well i am very interested. how can you accept payment? if you have a paypal account i could do it that way. if not, let me know.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
livin_loud said:
Frontier2 said:
well i am very interested. how can you accept payment? if you have a paypal account i could do it that way. if not, let me know.

Let me check tomorrow and see if the price has changed and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah i forgot in the instructions it says not to use one of the relays if you have an auto. I will include the instructions. Everything is in the box. Paypal works for me.
Let me know if you are still interested.
I paid like 60 bucks for it at the dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts