Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
NICO Club returned with its free factory service manuals about a month after Nissan shut them down. I guess they came to some sort of arrangement..

Reactions: 2013Pro4X

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are very helpful. Streamlines a lot of stuff for 07. Becareful though some procedures miss certain steps or in my case bolts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just noticed when I downloaded the manual for my 2011, it seems to be missing a lot of sections compared to the 2010 and 2012. This certainly isn't a complaint, I appreciate the free manuals, thanks nicoclub. If I were to download the manual for either 2010 or 2012, does anyone know which one would be more relevant? Granted, I am only a shade-tree level mechanic, so some of the stuff in the FSM is probably over my head, but it would be nice to have the most complete manual.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have 2011 SV 6sp and noted the missing portions as well a few years back.
So I just 'stole' them from the 2012, color coded those pages, and slid them
back into the edited 2011 PDF just so I had them 'kinda' together.
2011.JPG

...hey, I also saw in my notes that a more intact version for 2011 may be
available here. i downloaded a copy but haven't proofed for the missing
pages yet

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I'll just go ahead and download the 2012 manual, but I may just keep the files in a separate folder instead of combining them. That way if there are any inconsistencies, I'll know(maybe) why.

Thanks for that link, I haven't closely compared the filenames, but at a quick glance it has the same number of files as what I already downloaded.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just compared the link from your earlier reply, it's the same one that you get if you click on the OP's link. Yours might be different if you downloaded it a few years ago?

·
Registered
551 Posts
No doubt your guess is correct i.e. different versions over time

I just spend morning coffee going over every chapter and compared the two versions
of the 2011 FSM I have. I stitched them all up so I should have a pretty complete
version. so someone just did a sloppy job scanning and compiling, but hey, I'm not
looking the gift horse in the mouth on this. just so thankful to be able to get my
hands on this without paying $100 or so.

The special sections depicted on the cover page in white (hybrid, suspension
control, steering control, seat belt control, autodrive, adjustable pedal, sonar) I do
not have but I am guessing they are special order anyway ... and that I am unlikely
to need so I'm ignoring those.

p.s. whoever PDFed them felt the need to apply a password to some of them. kind
of ironic given the copyright status of the original

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just checked niko, and it looks like they have through 2016. I'm getting a 2019. I understand that not much has changed, but all the same, I would love a 2019 service manual. Any ideas on where to get it?

By the way, I have learned some things while attempting to download the 2016 manual from niko. They're rate limited. I opened several of them in new tabs, then go to each tab and save them to my machine. After a few, I got locked out. I waited about 30 minutes to see if it would expire and it doesn't appear to be expiring. Not a big deal, I can get around this, but caveat!

I have several machines at different IP addresses, so I grepped the source of the page to get the pertinent download links. Also, I noticed that by changing the link, instead of getting that larger web page with a PDF viewer embedded, you can go directly to the PDF. The normal links are like Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub but by changing "fsm" to "fsm_download" (like this: https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm_download=Frontier/2016/BCS.pdf) the link goes directly to the PDF. I wrote a loop to download each of these links on a machine somewhere else (using a different IP address) with a 100-second wait between each download so I don't get locked out again. I have 7 of them downloaded so far, and hopefully it will work out for me to get all of them.

Again, if anyone knows about the 2019 manual, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Read that Nissan no longer will make it's Service Manuals avaiable to the public. Apparently that started in 2017.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts