Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a simple pickup to replaced my tired old dodge. This isn't going to be a daily. I want a 2wd 4cyl stickshift kingcab. There don't seem to be any around so I figured I would just order what I want. The problem is that all the dealerships here are being sketchy about it. Ive ordered 2 other makes before with out much drama but Nissan seems to be all about "finding me one" and then coming back with the exact opposite of what I want. They wont give me strait answers about factory ordering one. My bet is the sales staff is told to only sell off the lot to clear the 2019s.

I have 2 questions:
A) What is the cut off date normally for ordering a model year normally? I am worried that the 2020s might be "3rd gen" and I don't want to be a beta tester for a Version 1.0 truck.
B) How long does it normally take? Ive been told 6 months lol. I ordered a subaru back in the day and it came from Japan on a ship and didn't take 6 months. My jk jeep took less then 2 months. I am not buying 6 months on a truck made here in the USA.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Local dealer has a bunch of 4 cyl. king cabs on the lot, but they are all automatic transmissions.
Funny how you are trying to give a dealership money and a sale and some one won’t make it happen for you.

I look forward to hearing how this turns out for you.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Find the biggest/largest dealer(s) and inquire there. My local small-time Nissan dealer gave me the runaround and/or my salesman was inept. So, I went a few towns over to a L-A-R-G-E dealer, they made it happen. 18 agonizing weeks later I had my brand new '15.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Being early may, I have a feeling you are right in the sweet spot in manufacturing of the 2019's and 2020's. Even if the 2020 ends up being the same truck, there is still a downtime/changeover, so as you are suspecting, i'm sure the dealers are getting pressure to NOT order, especially a lower trim/option truck.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
do a build on nissanusa.com and expand the search area to 3000 miles. I found some at these places

Available at STEPHEN WADE AUTO CENTER - (435) 233-6594
Available at PALM SPRINGS NISSAN - (760) 309-1229
Available at LARRY H MILLER NISSAN CORONA - (951) 397-4126
Available at CHAMPION NISSAN - (661) 230-7633
Available at STADIUM NISSAN - (714) 706-3254
Available at BUENA PARK NISSAN - (714) 583-9800
Available at NISSAN OF MISSION HILLS - (818) 369-4551
Available at DOWNEY NISSAN - (562) 219-4499
Available at NISSAN OF DOWNTOWN LA - (213) 204-1729
Available at FIRST NISSAN - (805) 399-4571

There are likely more. Give them a call and see if you can work out a delivery deal.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Might be they they are allotted only so many orders. Don’t want to waste one of the orders on a low end sale. Just a guess.
Mine took 8 weeks to be delivered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I expanded the search and found 3 between 120 and 200 miles away. Now I am researching buying a new car out of state.

I did some more searching on the 3rd gen rumers and some are saying that the 3rd gen wont be out until MY2021? Hmm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am looking for a simple pickup to replaced my tired old dodge. This isn't going to be a daily. I want a 2wd 4cyl stickshift kingcab. There don't seem to be any around so I figured I would just order what I want. The problem is that all the dealerships here are being sketchy about it. Ive ordered 2 other makes before with out much drama but Nissan seems to be all about "finding me one" and then coming back with the exact opposite of what I want. They wont give me strait answers about factory ordering one. My bet is the sales staff is told to only sell off the lot to clear the 2019s.

I have 2 questions:
A) What is the cut off date normally for ordering a model year normally? I am worried that the 2020s might be "3rd gen" and I don't want to be a beta tester for a Version 1.0 truck.
B) How long does it normally take? Ive been told 6 months lol. I ordered a subaru back in the day and it came from Japan on a ship and didn't take 6 months. My jk jeep took less then 2 months. I am not buying 6 months on a truck made here in the USA.
Well, you do have a slight dilemma. I will tell you exactly how to buy it, but you won't get a screaming deal. You might get a good deal though. A previous post said go to a large dealer. He is right. In the auto business, those are appropriately referred to as " whorehouses" lol, but true. Next, YOU spec out every last option and color you want. Next, YOU decide a FAIR price that YOU will gladly pay without a bit of negotiation. It better be reasonable or you will get walked on an ordered unit. Last is the easy part. Walk in to the showroom. Ask to see a sales manager immediately. Have your check book in your hand and stand by the door, DONT SIT, and act like you are about to leave. When the manager comes over you ask to go speak with him in his office, you sit down at his desk, pull out your spec sheet with pricing, hand it to him, and then start writing a $1000 deposit check and tell him you want it ordered now, and you need to go because you are busy. He will summon either his best or dumbest salesperson. They will do the paperwork. And you are done, at least until your truck gets there

·
Registered
710 Posts
Why play act and pretend play, sounds like self confidence issues. Just contact the Fleet sales office at any large city dealership, they'll glady order you what you want with a deposit .

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Price Break points. Dealers get better unit price at different Unit counts, so if not needing X number of units, the profit drops

1 - 12 of 12 Posts