Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an 10' frontier.. i had an 05' xterra before this and i had remote start installed with a new key fob to open and lock the doors and RS, and because on this one i want every electronic thing lookin factory. i was wondering if there was a CO. out there that can integrate the factory key fob with a remote start system????

· Registered
5,941 Posts
i have seen some remote starts that used a series of remote button pushes, like lock 3x in 3 sec using factory remote. but i have no idea on who made it. i havent looked in a while.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know on some of the titans that u can hold the unlock button for 10sec. and the windows will go down i wonder if you can some how re-direct that signal so the truck starts ya know....q

· Registered
2,656 Posts
ive seen someone on here that has it caint remember who. it was probally 2 years ago i saw it. but iam interested in doing this as well now.

· Registered
6,056 Posts
there are a few companies that make add-on modules. If you plan on using remote start regularly, you're better off getting one that comes with its own remotes. It starts to be a pain in the *** having to press lock 3 times to trigger the remote start. The one i use came with remotes and also had the external trigger for factory systems. After a few days of using the stock remotes, I ditched them for the aftermarket ones b/c it's much easier and faster to press a button once. Also the range tends to be longer with the aftermarket remotes too.

· Registered
1,410 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
i have had a Valet 561T in my older Frontier, and had it remote start off 3 unlock presses,
I will install a Valet 561T and the XK07 transponder in my 2008 frontier to the factory remote system.
the 561T can be triggered with 1-4 signal pulses, so if you want it to start with one unlock/lock press it can do that.

· Registered
2,137 Posts

· Registered
5,941 Posts
If you plan on using remote start regularly, you're better off getting one that comes with its own remotes. It starts to be a pain in the *** having to press lock 3 times to trigger the remote start.
how is pushing the lock button a couple time any more a PITA then pressing and holding the start button on a remote start remote? that makes no sense.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one button to push a punch of times vs. lookin down using both hands and holding them at the same time...i'd go with opt. 1

· Registered
262 Posts
Avital 4003 - add on remote start to factory or aftermarket systems.

Avital - Product 4003 Remote Start Module

easy enough to install, next time I have to swap out my remote start I'll make a write up for everyone. These trucks are really easy.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
one button to push a punch of times vs. lookin down using both hands and holding them at the same time...i'd go with opt. 1
X2 ^^ My Viper remote start has it's own dedicated remote. One push of a button and one flash of light and I know the truck is started.

· Registered
6,056 Posts
how is pushing the lock button a couple time any more a PITA then pressing and holding the start button on a remote start remote? that makes no sense.
The one i use needs a single quick press of the button vs. pushing the lock button on factory remote 2-3 times. And those 2-3 times for most modules has to be within a set short period of time to trigger the starter. If you mess up and one of the presses is delayed b/c the factory system is not as quick and responsive at times then you have to start over and again push the button on factory remote 2-3 times. So how is that not a PITA?? I can't put it any simpler for you to understand.

-Though it probably wouldn't affect the life of the door lock motors much, I'd much rather press a button once on the the aftermarket remote than triggering the lock motors unnecessarily.
-The range of an aftermarket remote tends to be longer than factory remote meaning I can be anywhere inside my house and know with the press of a button once, the truck will start. Can you say the same for a factory remote setup requiring 2-3 presses with its limited range? Useless if you wouldn't be able to turn on the car from inside your home/building which is the whole point of adding this. Again this goes back to needing to press factory remote 2-3 times is unreliable from inside a building and increases the likelihood of not starting on the first time. If you're going to have to be within spitting distance of the truck due to the shorter range of the factory remotes then why bother having this? Might as well jump in and start the engine with a key.

If you need more reasons I'm sure I can come up with some more to help you "make sense" of this and understand. Just let me know. Always here to help those that are lost. :crikey:

· Registered
5,941 Posts
every remote start i have used you had to press and hold the start button. it was a safety feature so you didnt accidentally start the car if something in your pocket hit the button. i have no problem with the range of my remote. my bedroom is on the far back corner of the house away from the truck and i can unlock and lock the truck with no problems. hell, i can unlock/lock the truck sitting in my office inside a glass and block building with no problems until the battery in the remote starts to get weak. most of the add ons can be programmed to be 1, 2, or 3 button presses. so tell me again how had it is to press the lock button twice. hell, i have to pus the unlock twice to unlock all the doors i dont see a problem with it.

· Registered
17,617 Posts
^^^ that's what i was thinking. so after reading all of this, what is concensous for the best solution? i never really had an issue with this when i was living at home, i just walked out side and started the truck, 20 steps at the most from my bedroom. but now i'm on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and i park away form the building so it's not as loud turning on and warming up with the exhaust facing the building out of courtesy to my neighbors. i'd like to be able to remote start my truck now more than ever

· Premium Member
192 Posts
Pardon my ignorance here, but will remote starters work with the anti-theft and vehicle immobilizer stuff i have on my '09 LE? I had a command start on my Sentra, but it didn't have any of the security features. I'm guessing that it can be done, but would be a more complex install??

· Registered
262 Posts
Pardon my ignorance here, but will remote starters work with the anti-theft and vehicle immobilizer stuff i have on my '09 LE? I had a command start on my Sentra, but it didn't have any of the security features. I'm guessing that it can be done, but would be a more complex install??
yes it can still be done, there are a few bypass options available that temporarily bypass the immobilizer during remote start. Some you lose a key in order to make it work, others do it through the truck's CAN BUS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.