Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is one of the few that came without a bed liner or rail caps. I've seen other Frontiers in parking lots or driving by and like the fact that the bed rail caps come down a couple of inches on the outside. I think this would cover up some dents and scratches on my truck.

So my question is - is the bedliner and rail caps all one piece, or are they separate? I'm hoping for separate, so that I can order the rail caps and then install a roll-in bedliner kit that's been sitting in my spare room for a few years.

Thanks!

Heath

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2004 but on my 2005 they were two separate pieces (factory Nissan caps and bedliner). I believe Nissan has always done it like that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine came with a bedliner, but no rail caps. I ended up buying the rail caps because of the scratches and dings I was getting.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine came with both, they are 2 pieces like ^they^ said. I took my bed liner out and gave it away for free on craigslist. Left the caps and brought my truck to Line X of Denver and had them spray my bed and rocker panels. Came out looking pretty dam good.

·
Registered
578 Posts
mine was a solid once peice

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bed line up over the rails and mimic the rail caps
I thought of that, but the rails already have a couple of dents that I don't think the coating would mask. I think that having the flexibility of the caps would be a good thing if someone bounces something off of the rail again. So far I picked up damage from a tire guy bouncing a mounted wheel off of one of them (can't prove it though) and from a fork lift guy at Lowes hitting the tailgate trying to get a pallet of dirt in there.

Maybe I'm being a little picky, but I swear everyone thinks that anything rear of the cab is fair game for them to f:censor:k up without complaint because it's "just a truck"

Heath

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I thought of that, but the rails already have a couple of dents that I don't think the coating would mask. I think that having the flexibility of the caps would be a good thing if someone bounces something off of the rail again. So far I picked up damage from a tire guy bouncing a mounted wheel off of one of them (can't prove it though) and from a fork lift guy at Lowes hitting the tailgate trying to get a pallet of dirt in there.

Maybe I'm being a little picky, but I swear everyone thinks that anything rear of the cab is fair game for them to f:censor:k up without complaint because it's "just a truck"

Heath
Lowes fixing that for you? They should. I work at one down here and they always fix it if it was done by an employee.

Mine is a one piece drop-in liner.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lowes fixing that for you? They should. I work at one down here and they always fix it if it was done by an employee.

Mine is a one piece drop-in liner.
Yep... they were awesome about it. One estimate, two forms, and a check showed up. I'll use part of it for the rail caps that will cover the damage rather than having it fixed. Lowes will get the rest of it back... in fact I'm out the door to go there now :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts