Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i just bought an 09 crew cab a couple weeks ago. I went to check fluids and the air filter the other day and had a really tough time getting the air box closed again. The fingers that slide into the holes to hold it in place down the one side would not all line up. I ended up leaving 2 of them out. What is the trick with these sucker? Do i need to take the tubing off to give more play or what. Didn't play with it too much as it was very cold that day.
Suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same problem with mine...I think that the seal on the filter is compressed enough...I live in a really dusty area and see no evidence of bypass

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It was probably too cold outside Pullar. I was messing with mine one day and it was like 10 outside, was a pita to get shut. Another time, last summer, I changed my filter and it was easy. Thats my .02.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Open air K&N....That's the trick. Looks like this when done correctly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. And KRAKR I was planning on a volant intake in the future but don't have the funds right now after just getting the truck. I'll try again on a warmer day.
Thanks again

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yea it's just a really tight fit on purpose. keep workin' with it. i've found the best way is to hook the "fingers" with the top perpendicular to the bottom if that makes any sense, then just jam it down as i rotate it to close the clasps on top. once you get a good method down it's not that bad. volants are FTW, good upgrade down the road. consider doing the "air box mod" if you haven't already. it takes 5 minutes and makes a big difference, especially in the life of the air filter itself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts